How is your partner with u losing weight ?

Im having issues with husband acting weird and being jealous ... Its sad , i hate it , it makes me feel horrible and mad , i feel its just my beautiful luck that i have ... :'(

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Bump
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    My husband has been losing weight with me. I started calorie counting before him. When I saw results, he joined (no pressure from me). When I started weighing my food on a scale, he poked fun; Guess who is doing it now?

He tends to poke fun at first and then eventually joins in. I know he is very happy with what I am doing and have accomplished. How do I know? Well he doesn't openly say it, but you know the saying actions speak louder than words; lets just say we spend a lot more time doing naughty things now.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    He'll be great with it when I meet him!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,411 Member
    My husband is not into the weight loss thing. He actually prefers me chubby. the thing is he met and married me when I was thin. I'm not dealing with his insecurities anymore we have worked it out he has his own candy and goodie cupboard. I even let him order out if that's what he wants. Just don't force your stuff on me. The first couple of months were rough but now we have a routine and he's adjusting. Just remember your not doing this for him your doing it for you. Good Luck!!!
  • Feeling totally bummed too. My hubby and older stepson are not supportive of me trying to eat healthy. Joy for them always seems to be centered around something fried. They have gotten better about guilting me when i go to the gym. however, after a year of consistly working out i haven't seen much change in my body. Sure i feel great and my endurance is up but im still frustrated with my lack of progress. 90% sure its related to my diet. I have very little will power especially when the rest of my family is enjoying fattening unhealthy foods. Even though im feeling totally depressed today i dragged myself to the gym and have eaten healthy. I hear sucess is never without its challenges and hard work and sacrifice will pay off. So chin up! Keep making healthy choices and eventually our families will come around. (At least i have my fingers crossed. )
  • bonitasuet37
    bonitasuet37 Posts: 21 Member
    I have noticed that friends treat you differently too.
  • Untilproud11
    I have noticed that friends treat you differently too.

Yes thats true

• MSOLISSCHMIDT
    MSOLISSCHMIDT Posts: 15 Member
    My husband meet me at my heaviest,I lost weight cause that was not my normal he has been very supportive since day one. He saids he wants me around n just healthy no matter what my weight is. It's now going on 4 yrs n have lost over 100 n down to the last 20
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I think as another poster said that it's your husband's own insecurities showing. You can make changes without him being on board. If you stick with it and become more healthy and happy, he will come around. You just have to remind him that you're doing it for those reasons. Health and well being for you should be his top priority. Let him deal with his own insecurities!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Mine is supportive..proud even. I was over weight when we met and kept gaining weight over the years. He says he is lucky that his wife just gets hotter every year. That being said the ((*(*&)&^ bought me this white chocolate brownie while we were out at some festival, and had this look of look at me i did so good i got you a tasty! His expression was so..sad..when I said no thank you. I had already allocated my left over calories for beer tonight, so that brownie was a no go in my eyes. Our kids devoured it in a heart beat, and he was telling them leave some for mommy...i bought that for her. None was left when they finished.
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Don't cry dry your eye! Your doing this for your health and to live longer for your children if you have any and him. You catching the eyes of other people male and female are just admirers of what he has!!! Tell him to hold his head up stick out his chest and be proud he has someone that cares enough to do that for him!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Omg I know how frustrating it is and sad! I fight still with him about working out, time spent on walks. Etc. Food fights ongoing its a struggle! I have done everything I can! I try to include him and invite him daily to join me.

but half the time he is not getting it. The other day he made such a rude comment about me being less hefty these days I wanted to smack the crap out of him I was so mad! But it was meant to be a compliment like you are looking good why the heck does he have to be insulting when he's trying to be nice?

But this is not his thing its mine
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Mine was accepting and silently encouraging, with regards to food. I am half the size of him so he is used to seeing much smaller plates.
    Once I had lost my weight, and he had seen I had given nothing up, he decided to count his calories and lost 30lb.

He was bemused and gob smacked with me starting to exercise, I could have won a gold medal in couch potato-ing previously.
    Now, 6 years later, we are off to our first yoga class together tomorrow.

He has never fussed, just accepted that this is what I want to do.

I think he may be a little proud of me too.

Cheers, h.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    My fiancée is extremely encouraging and very proud of me however she doesn't understand how bad her eating habits are (since she's always been super skinny) and that it's not good to have that around. For example last night I wanted to make dinner at home but she lured me into eating pizza and beer then playing Mario party all night (which is too much fun for me). But if we're out shopping and I say I can't have something in the house then she's willing to let it go and choose a healthier alternative.

She wants to start going to the gym with me though and I adore her for being excited and willing to work out with me. We do a lot more active and outdoors things which she's not entirely a fan of but she's doing it for me.

And I also love that she likes bragging about me in terms of all my scale and non scale victories =] She's just so excited for my confidence to return and for me to feel comfortable in my own skin.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    My fiancée is extremely encouraging and very proud of me however she doesn't understand how bad her eating habits are (since she's always been super skinny) and that it's not good to have that around. For example last night I wanted to make dinner at home but she lured me into eating pizza and beer then playing Mario party all night (which is too much fun for me). But if we're out shopping and I say I can't have something in the house then she's willing to let it go and choose a healthier alternative.

She wants to start going to the gym with me though and I adore her for being excited and willing to work out with me. We do a lot more active and outdoors things which she's not entirely a fan of but she's doing it for me.

And I also love that she likes bragging about me in terms of all my scale and non scale victories =] She's just so excited for my confidence to return and for me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Glad she wants to work out with you. You could get her to read up on TOFI. Many thin people suffer the same disorders as obese people. So hopefully she'll get healthy with you!
  • Untilproud11
    Thanks for all replies
    Im still strugulong its disapointing and unexpected ...