Coffee ideas?!?

Options
Hi fit fam!

I need some ideas. I drink coffee every day. I have been using sugar free vanilla creamer in it because I like it pretty light. I don't like the taste much, though. I am wondering what you all put in your coffee? Let's hear it!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have it black, no sugar, no nuttin'.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I buy high quality coffee and grind my own beans daily...then I just drink it black or with a splash of milk. good coffee doesn't need much...*kitten* coffee does.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Bit of milk if it's regular coffee, and black if it's espresso.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of delicious sugary creamer for me.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Like @cwolfman13 we buy fresh beans, grind up only what we need for the morning pot. Really good coffee doesn't need much, if anything.

There are not many calories in a teaspoon or two of half and half real milk creamer and no one should worry about the small amount of fats in such things. I put in a drizzle of half and half in my first cup, rest / top ups are black only. Stopped using sugar years ago.

When out I order a triple tall Americano as it's usually not much more than a regular drip coffee and is made fresh. I can drink this black but again usually have a tiny bit of cream (half and half).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Boiling water.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hi fit fam!

I need some ideas. I drink coffee every day. I have been using sugar free vanilla creamer in it because I like it pretty light. I don't like the taste much, though. I am wondering what you all put in your coffee? Let's hear it!

I buy the best quality coffee I can afford, hand grind and hand filter it through a linen filter ( I make those myself , one last several years) to not have to deal with the paper filter taste. I use absolutely boiling water, not just coffee maker " hot " and drink my coffee plain without anything for the last 45 years and plan to not make any changes.

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I make coffee in a French Press pot. I microwave the water, use a dark roast coffe that I grind myself, and then add about 1 tbsp of skim milk and then one or more of the following (from left to right): cocoa powder, cinnamon & nutmeg blend, stevia, and/or vanilla extract.
    o3b50foxlcc8.jpg
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Half and half. Well worth the calories to me. If I desperately needed to reduce calories more I'd use skim milk. I can't stand those nasty flavored coffee creamer products. Blech.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I put a little love in mine...dash of happiness...sprinkle of joy...and it tastes amazing...I also use peppermint creamer and think that has quite a bit to do with the taste.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I put a little love in mine...dash of happiness...sprinkle of joy...and it tastes amazing...I also use peppermint creamer and think that has quite a bit to do with the taste.

Haha, what a fantastical cup that must be.

I saw the sugar-free peppermint mocha creamer has made it back to the shelves for the holidays, I'll be buying that as soon as I'm finished with the pumpkin spice crap I have now.

OP, it varies. Just depends what I'm in the mood for - half & half, sugar-free creamers, stevia or not, cinnamon, cocoa, Torani sugar-free syrups...
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    75% of the time I have it black. On occasion, like today, I put cream in it. Or coconut cream. Sometimes whole or 2% milk. Once in a great while if I want to feel more full, I will put a tablespoon of coconut oil in it and blend in blender for a few seconds...this makes it taste very creamy and luxurious (I know luxurious usually doesn't describe taste, but in this case it really fits!). It's even better with coconut oil and a tablespoon of butter, but I don't want to use that many calories on coffee very often so only did that once or twice.

I have tried the sugar free syrups...they taste good, but I find if I have them daily (especially if I have 2 or 3 cups of coffee that day) the artificial sweetener in them starts to give me sugar cravings. FYI, DaVinci tastes better than Torani, but Jordan's Skinny Syrup is the best of all of them...the clear winner. I've tried salted caramel, mocha, and white chocolate...but there is an entire range of flavors.

Once in a while I will add a touch of stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. It makes it taste like a mocha. I might throw some cinnamon in as well.

So really, it depends on my mood. But there are a lot of ways to have coffee, and variety is the spice of life.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    vanilla extract or ground vanilla beans in good black coffee, a little goes a long way! Sometimes I'll put a splash of almond milk, lactose intolerant.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Whipping cream or coconut cream with coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a half serving of protein powder then whip it to a froth. It's a tasty breakfast for on the go.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I want. If I feel like I want something strong, I drink it black. If I want a more dessert type coffee, I put a little stevia and coconut milk creamer in it.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Either vanilla syrup or cocoa powder, and sweetener. And 1/4 cup of milk.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    About 1/4 skim milk. I keep it simple!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    One tablespoon (yes, I measure) of half and half (full fat) and one Stevia.

Sitting in bed right now, enjoying a cup.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I grind my own beans but we use paper filters in a drip machine. We have a French press but rarely use it. I make fatty coffee with 1 tsp of mct and 1 tsp grass feed cow butter. My wife uses 1 tbsp non pasteruized honey and 1 tbsp of heavy cream. Both run right at 100 cal a coffee cup.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've recently started growing my own beans in my backyard. It's been working out really well and helps me cut down the cost of starbucks...I'm growing a deep Colombian black bean incase there are any fellow growers out there.