Steps are not converting to exercise

Options
Today for some unknown reason MFP is not converting my steps to exercise. It's tracking the steps with my iPhone and the count appears accurate (about 6000 so far) but my exercise still says 0. Somebody help! It's not converting on the desktop site either.

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Log your steps into the exercise portion and see if you'll get credit for that.
  • mlr42002
    mlr42002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too but since I am new I thought it wasn't enough steps.
  • marym800
    marym800 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have same issue... Don't know why, so I just copied my steps to the app. If anyone knows how to fix please let us know!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The estimate of daily burn that MFP thought you'd burn anyway does include steps already.

So it's only if your daily activity is enough to burn MORE than MFP thought you'd burn - would you get a calorie adjustment.

If you enable Negative Calorie Adjustment - you may just discover that despite getting in some normal level of steps - you've also been more inactive than normal, so it's actually a negative calorie adjustment.

But steps does NOT convert to exercise anyway, because as above, you are expected to move so much anyway.

Steps is merely a way to estimate distance, and distance and time is pace, and pace and weight is put in to formula to estimate calorie burn.

Steps is also just a motivational stat, not really used in any other math.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If the steps show as exercise on the web but not on the phone, it is just a bug. Happens every now and then for me. But 5 minutes later it updates and fixes. Since it is not converting on the web as well, it is different from what I have experienced.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every few days. I just disconnect my fitbit (or whatever tracker you're using), and reconnect. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 try's, but it eventually fixes itself