Pear Shaped Problem - Not sure what to do next

Options
I'd like to lose a little bit more weight, as i have quite chunky thighs.
The problem is, i know you cannot spot reduce and if i lose more weight my bust will become non existant! (See pic of Rihanna below...i am a very similar shape only shorter).
Will weight lifting help with making my thighs look smaller?
Also, would a cut/bulk be advisable to build more muscle?

6xzafqo1pyzf.jpg

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You cannot change your body shape. If there is excess fat, you can reduce it, but not from where you want. If you want to build more muscle, this can be done too. But you cannot just change your body.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Your body shape is your body shape - there's not a lot you can do to change that so learn to love it first and foremost. I too have heavier thighs and as the weight loss has progressed, I've LOST my chest. I started at a C-D cup and now I'm barely hitting a B! It's just the way it's happened and there isn't a lot I can really do about it! My thighs on the other hand - still large, but firm large. Embrace what you have. Squat, run, lift weights - you'll look fabulous regardless.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Being pear shaped is not a problem. Pear shapes are sexy. However I admit I am incredibly biased.

Lifting weights/resistance training has helped me to change my opinion of my 'chunky' thighs. Exercising regularly in general has made me appreciate them for what they help me do i.e. run, swim, squat, jump around playing sport. I, too, had to accept I was going to get scrawny on top before my lower half shrunk to a size I at the time deemed acceptable. Doing exercises like squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts and that kind of thing has helped my cellulite to lessen (or at least it looks to me as if it has, and I was the worst critic of my legs anyway so even if it's psychological, it's still a win) and for my legs and bum to firm up. It took me a couple of years of training and eating well to achieve that, so a cut-and-bulk type programme may give you quicker results if you want to add a bit of muscle, but I don't have any first-hand experience.

To recap, big thighs are hot. Weight lifting makes hot things hotter. Be proud of your body for what it can do.
  • Ladsel
    Ladsel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,..... yes you're all talking sense.
    I know i need to get rid of this negative attuitude i have about my shape.
    I'll continue with my weight training and i'll find out more about cut and bulk programs, as i have seen people get good results from them.
    Thanks again! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i love being a pear shape. nothing says sexy like some curvy hips ;)