Kellogg's To Go - Good/Bad???

Options
So my wife got Kelloggs To Go shakes. The taste isn't bad but I am worried about the 18g of sugar per bottle. I have been trying to stick to as little sugar as possible (less than 10g per serving). When I have time in the morning I will go with eggs or a healthier option but I'm thinking about using it for my mornings I am running late. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Replies

• helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Is that 18g of sugar added sugar or from natural ingredients?
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options

Good question. I wonder if it's possible to find out? They don't have to tell you how much comes from what sources if I remember right.

Also poor Kellog. He's probably rolling in his grave right now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »

Good question. I wonder if it's possible to find out? They don't have to tell you how much comes from what sources if I remember right.

Given the ingredient list, I'm going with "added" sugar. Fooducate gave it a D.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=product&id=3DE1BE62-4825-11E2-A40C-1231381A0463

sugar is the third ingredient, corn syrup (aka sugar) is a bit further down the list.

Fascinated by "sweetened by nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=product&id=3DE1BE62-4825-11E2-A40C-1231381A0463

sugar is the third ingredient, corn syrup (aka sugar) is a bit further down the list.

A the good ole corn syrup, fructose nightmare
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options

Seems there are better alternatives, then. Also now that I've read about the whole heavy metals protein powder thing, I'll be checking every liquid or powdered anything I buy for those, too.