'Oldie newbies'?

Options
angiewf
angiewf Posts: 175 Member
Hi, I'm 68 and have been battling weight all my life! Have recently been a Weight Watchers member but regained a lot of weight thru' comfort eating after my husband died. Signed up to this a couple of months back but haven't really made the effort,so am starting again from tomorrow (as have meal out with son tonight!). WW is good, but I fall down on 'free' fruits and veg, so am going over to calories to keep myself in check. Any more 'oldie newbies' out there?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

Welcome to MFP

You can try MFP Groups in the Blue Banner ( Message Boards-Groups). Use Search function for "60 years old" and you will find several groups you can peruse and join as you wish.

what has worked for me

1) Use TDEE formula to find my target daily calorie intake. I lost weight eating at TDEE-20%. Every time I lost one pound I would use the formula again to revise my new (TDEE -20%) daily calorie goal.
    2) Measure all food. I bought a kitchen scale, set of measuring cups and set of measuring spoons.
    3) I bought a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) to measure calories burned with physical activity.
    4) Log everything.
    5) I follow Michael Pollan's suggestion: Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
    6) Check MFP recipes for ideas. Also, MFP message boards for success stories, there are amazing stories, very inspirational

Good luck in your journey