Intoducing me!

Options
Hi there, I am Rachael, and I have been here for ages - but I have never really introduced myself. I have been here for ages, and I thought I could just do this by myself - but I am struggling!

So, I am Rachael, almost 28, I love riding motorbikes, watching motorsport, adrenalin pursuits, I am restarting Uni in September to gain my masters degree in Marine Science and am bubbly, out going and hopefully motivational :-)

My basic weight loss journey has been a bit of a farce really - the only time I did a good job I did it by living on coffee and cigarettes - I was skinny, but I felt like crap. When I gave up the cigs, I regained 3 of the 4 stone I lost! I have since tried to use MFP, and I love it, but I lose my steam quickly when things go wrong. I did lose 2 stone, but regained about 8 pounds due to having a bad time - excuses excuses.

But, I am back now - and looking to do this properly. If anyone is interested in being my friend, please - send a request. Lets smash this together :-)

Rach

Replies

• cmneil
    cmneil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI Rachael, I am definitely looking for people to help with support and encouragement. I gained 45 lbs due to anti-anxiety medication I started taking and it has definitely been a pain to have this as a side effect, and I also have a lot of excuses for why I have not been able to drop the weight. Haha. Either way, I am trying to do this right and am logging in daily. I will add you and you can add me!!
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael, feel free to add me if you like. I've been on MFP for six months now and I love it. I still can't get my head around how a little mobile app can help instigate such a big lifestyle change! I started out at 244 lbs and I'm now at 206. I'm looking to get to 195 or thereabouts, then I'll have a think about whether or not to lose a little more or go into maintenance.