Replies

• derek0311
    derek0311 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nice... good work
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    how did you pick how many more pounds you have to lose if you don't mind me asking?
  • derek0311
    Options
    Same as you pretty much. I wrestled in high school and my highest weight I wrestled at as 140. I always thought that I looked and felt my best at between 135 and 140. Even in the Marines I was between 160 and 168 and never felt as fit or as in good of shape as I was in high school. Just need to lose my last 12. I also used the bmi calculator and a waist to height calculator.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    You know you and your body best. It will come down to what you feel is a natural calorie goal for maintaining versus a forced one that you have too work too hard to keep up.
  • derek0311
    Options
    I've done the back and forth thing before this feels right. I'm not drained, I'm not constantly starving, and the weights staying off which is the best part.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    well congrats, it will take a little time (those last pounds) I had to stop focusing on the scale and focus more on how I planned to live my life at my new weight. Your trainer is right. Just stay the course.
  • derek0311
    Options
    Thank you so much I appreciate your insight...it's very helpful
  • Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do not want to give you any advice (some responsible people have already contributed a great deal already) but share my story (very relevant here).

In early 2013 (before I joined gym and still a member for almost 20 months), I thought the way I looked was not acceptable even by my own standards. So I made a plan, plan to start running and do push ups after that.

I started with 1 km and in three months, I was running 10 miles(almost 15 kilometres)/4 times a week.
    Results: I lost a great deal of weight. I did not have a weigh scale then and I was monitoring my progress through pictures that I was clicking every day. I guess I lost around 7-8 kg (15-17 pounds) in 3 months.
    Everyone around me was impressed and saying I looked great but when I used to see myself in the mirror, I was not happy, I looked terrible because not only I lost body fat but also lost muscle mass (because I was not following any diet plan, just sacrificed chocolates+ice-cream) . I hated the way I looked. It took just another 3 months to put on all the weight back because I discontinued running (as I was unhappy with the results) and piled up even more.

Then later in 2013, I joined gym. Today I almost have the same weight as I had back then (after losing with running), people tell me I do look okay (sarcasm). But when I see all those muscles in the mirror (and cough* a slight glimpse of my abs), I feel that I have the best body ever and want to lose more weight (lost 11 pounds, 11 to go).
    So it is really about one's own satisfaction than how others perceive our looks.
    Keep it up!
  • derek0311
    Options
    Man that's awesome that's exactly what I needed to hear