Binge Sunday – how to get back?

I really pigged out today. The problem is that I feel once I start I might as *well* keep going, because I've already broken my plan.

Does anyone else do this? How d'you stop yourselves mid-binge?

X

Replies

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    What about going for a run? If I feel like my eating was not good, if I work out, I don't beat myself up as much. The running doesn't mean that you can eat what you want but at least you did SOMETHING to counter the binge.

Or if my weekend was bad, I will eat very light the next day. Just to give my body a break while I burn off all that extra food.
  • rosamundlc
    rosamundlc Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks. I did a 10K yesterday and I'm going to a dance class tomorrow so I don't feel *too* bad, but running when I've just eaten loads mades me feel really sick! And then I feel bad about myself because I know I'd feel fine and be able to run further if I hadn't eaten so much!

I'll definitely eat lighter tomorrow though. Already made myself a salad for tomorrow's lunch so no excuses!

I'm more concerned about my bingeing process – how to stop myself when I've started...

X
  • emhunter
    Oh yea running immediately after a binge would not be good! I'm sorry, I misunderstood what the title of your post meant.

Hmmm is your binge really a binge? Or is it just eating more than normal? Either way, how to stop mid binge...brush your teeth. Many say that works for them. Or throw everything away? Flush it down the toilet? Some people keep a picture of themselves on the fridge to keep them motivated. Or a picture of someone that has a body they like. Just giving some ideas. Am I getting closer?

If you are really having serious binges where you are eating crazy amounts of food no matter if you are hungry, you can try talking to the doctor about it. There may be some real food issues.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    rosamundlc wrote: »
    Thanks. I did a 10K yesterday and I'm going to a dance class tomorrow so I don't feel *too* bad, but running when I've just eaten loads mades me feel really sick! And then I feel bad about myself because I know I'd feel fine and be able to run further if I hadn't eaten so much!

I'll definitely eat lighter tomorrow though. Already made myself a salad for tomorrow's lunch so no excuses!

I'm more concerned about my bingeing process – how to stop myself when I've started...

X

If you ran a 10k yesterday perhaps you need the fuel! Did you make a calorie adjustment for your exercise?
  • emhunter
    arditarose wrote: »

X

If you ran a 10k yesterday perhaps you need the fuel! Did you make a calorie adjustment for your exercise?

Yes good point! That's why I'm wondering if it was really a binge.
  • mjwq46
    mjwq46 Posts: 3 Member
    Do you guys have any suggestions on how to stay motivated on eating healthy during the weekend? I'm able to eat healthy all week, but I also find myself taking a break on the weekends. Does that take away from the healthy week I just had?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I do a "water slam": guzzle two or three glasses of room temperature (not iced) water just as fast as I can. It hurts. It's uncomfortable. It makes me feel a little sick. But it sure as heck makes me NOT want to eat anything else!
  • arditarose
    mjwq46 wrote: »
    Do you guys have any suggestions on how to stay motivated on eating healthy during the weekend? I'm able to eat healthy all week, but I also find myself taking a break on the weekends. Does that take away from the healthy week I just had?

You can start your own thread. Just stick to your calories on the weekend, eat things you enjoy.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    A one day break is normal. Getting back on track is what you need to promise your self. When I make it to sunday, I pick a meal to have anything I want. When I'm ready to choose I seem to choose sensibly. I think of how hard I work to lose that two lbs for that week. Work hard and choose sensibly! Good luck.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    I really pigged out today. The problem is that I feel once I start I might as *well* keep going, because I've already broken my plan.

X

Come on lady at least share the best thing you ate????
  • rosamundlc
    arditarose wrote: »

X

I always eat the same, no matter whether I'm doing exercise or not! But I don't think I needed the calories because in the morning after the day of my run I had a healthy big brunch (fine) – I ended up bingeing on chocolate which I definitely didn't need!

• rosamundlc

X

Haha! Well I had some Ritter Sport chocolate – dunno if you have this in the US, if that's where you're based? It's *really* nice but only comes in big sized bars and I find portion control really hard!! If I buy a whole one I have to eat it!
  • rosamundlc
    emhunter wrote: »
    Oh yea running immediately after a binge would not be good! I'm sorry, I misunderstood what the title of your post meant.

Hmmm is your binge really a binge? Or is it just eating more than normal? Either way, how to stop mid binge...brush your teeth. Many say that works for them. Or throw everything away? Flush it down the toilet? Some people keep a picture of themselves on the fridge to keep them motivated. Or a picture of someone that has a body they like. Just giving some ideas. Am I getting closer?

If you are really having serious binges where you are eating crazy amounts of food no matter if you are hungry, you can try talking to the doctor about it. There may be some real food issues.

Thanks, that's some really good advice. I like the teeth brushing thing. I hate throwing away food but I guess it's necessary sometimes.

X

• rosamundlc
    Thanks for all your advice. I think weekends are the hardest for me! I'm gonna try planning my meals more and not thinking of them as 'treat days'
  • arditarose

X

Haha! Well I had some Ritter Sport chocolate – dunno if you have this in the US, if that's where you're based? It's *really* nice but only comes in big sized bars and I find portion control really hard!! If I buy a whole one I have to eat it!

Yeah we have it. It tends to be on the higher side of calories compared with other bars too
  • emhunter
    emhunter wrote: »

Thanks, that's some really good advice. I like the teeth brushing thing. I hate throwing away food but I guess it's necessary sometimes.

X

No problem! I hate throwing food away too. But brushing teeth changes the taste of food and then it's no longer so desirable! Good luck o:)