House work & cleaning?!

Options
I have 3 children and a busy house therefore cleaning and the usual, hoovering mopping ironing etc are all in my usual daily routine, should I be logging this as exceice as some do?? X

Replies

• missionimposs
    missionimposs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes your body is moving and you are burning so log it all !!!!!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I say if it gets your heart rate up, go for it!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Depends...if you've set your activity level to sedentary/lightly active then anything that gets the heart pumping should be logged.

If you've said that you're moderately/very active then possibly not...

Personally, I set myself as sedentary, so I can log most activities as exercise. :smile:
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    depends what you have your activity level set at, if you have it set to active then i wouldn't, i think MFP guidelines somewhere say anything that is part of your normal routine should be reflected in your activity level and not considered extra....:smile:
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    you will prob get different answers on this 1. I personally do not count housework as exercise. (Granted, DH would prob have to tell me where the iron is located.)

I don't consider housework to be exercise; it is a part of living/functioning and to be honest, what I do around the house has contributed to my current body-type. It doesn't appear to be contributing to my overall level of fitness. I do, however, notice differences with regular walking and jogging.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    IMO, the only time I count housework as exercise is if its really intense...like cleaning out the garage and moving a ton of boxes. Day to day cleaning I dont count...and I have 3 toddlers at home to chase.