Any other widows/widowers out there?

Options
Hi all,

I gained a good bit of weight when I was caring for my husband through cancer, and more after he died (a little over a year ago). For a long time I really didn't care what I looked like, and just enjoyed the comfort of eating, but now I find that I want to feel energetic and healthy again, and to feel comfortable and fit. And, yes, I'd like to look good again.

Would love to meet some people with similar stories.

Thanks!

LBG

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)

I am so, so sorry to hear about your husband passing. No one can blame you for putting weight loss on the back burner whilst you grieve and come to terms with your loss. Please know you'll find a lot of support here regardless of your weight loss goals.

It's great to see you wanting to get back on track with your eating habits - you most certainly can do this. Wishing you the very best of luck!
  • kangaspnut
    kangaspnut Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, LBG. I'm sorry for your loss. I am also a widow (17 months) who was first a caregiver for 17 months after a massive stroke. Life has been a roller coaster for the past 3 years and keeps taking different twists and turns. Nutrition and taking care of myself has been anywhere but at the top of my priority list. I'm getting discouraged about how my clothes fit (or don't) and know I'm the only one that can change things.

Asking for help is difficult for me, but I've also realized how important having support is.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other through this next phase of life.

• laurabegee
    laurabegee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss as well. I will friend you! Thank you for reaching out.