Is there help for running with the belly flop?

Options
I can't believe I'm asking this, but comfort is going to have to override pride for a moment. I've lost 70 lbs and am the most active that I've been since high school. I'm even starting to enjoy running as more than just as a form of exercise. But at 36, after 2 kids and 70 lbs of weight loss, the belly flap flop ranges from annoying to mildly painful, especially during runs. I'm curious if others have found the best solution for this when exercising. Compression gear? Too hot? Waist trimmers? Too restrictive and gimmicky? I'm hoping that some of this will start to go away with more weight loss and strength training, but I would appreciate any help in the interim.

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    mom of 4 here (2 c/s) with a 55lb loss. Compression gear is your friend while running. I LOVE the tek gear shape wear workout pants from kohls. They hold up nice through lots of use and the hold everything in well. I also occasionally wear a compression tank top, but usually the pants are enough.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I second the Tek Gear from Kohls, I love them. They hold everything in place. I have compression shorts too but the Tek gear is awesome.

Mom of 2 here with 65lbs lost over the last 2 years.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Thirding the Tek Gear shapewear line :)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I'll have to check out Kohls soon :)
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I need to check it out too. I use a pair of my son's compression shorts under my legging or whatever. I am a mom of 5 (2 c/s) and lost 130 lbs...and I am loving running too :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried paneled/support pantyhose and cut off what you don't need?