Breakfast

shonam2309
shonam2309 Posts: 4 Member
Hi all im looking for some breakfast idea's for myself and my little boy. Im not keen on bananas musli weetabix or prunes bit id like to try some new things. Thank you

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I have a super great one. I buy Nature's own 40 calorie wheat bread. I whipped up an egg white with small amount of milk. Coated the bread and cooked in nonstick pan. For hers, I cooked in butter. Mine I used a lower calorie spread. When done, topped with fresh strawberries (sweetened with 1 tsp sugar. I'm sure frozen strawberries would work great too) and redi whip. French toast with strawberries. She loved it! You could add cinnamon to egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Great base with lots of options.

Egg muffins. Whip eggs and add ham, cheese, etc. This is great because you can customize his for his liking and add veggies to yours. Cook in muffin tin sprayed with nonstick spray. Great to pull out and zap in microwave. In same sense you could do breakfast burritos using whole wheat tortillas.

One of my favorites is breakfast pizza. Take whole wheat pita bread. Top with salsa or some other sauce, scrambled eggs, diced peppers, canadian bacon or a lean meat, cheese. I always buy Kraft 2% shredded cheddar. Pop in oven til melted. Great one, too, is to top with refried beans (out of can), diced tomatoes, diced peppers, cheese. After it's melted, I top with an egg fried in nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Very filling!

Good luck!
  • shonam2309
    shonam2309 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow that sounds amazing il be trying those over next couple days. thank you so much steph x