Hi Everyone! I am so over weight, it is affecting my health.

Options
I was at 304.8lbs and then got down to 282.4. It has affected my health badly. Stress affects me badly. I need motivators to help me along the way please. My goal is to get own to 130lbs. I will be 60 years old in December and am embarrassed to step out the door. I am in a wheelchair as being overweight kills my knees, ankles, and feet. I take baby steps, but it hurts to walk. I am using exercise bands as it helps me to exercise in my wheelchair or in my bed. I am looking for friends also. Oregon is where I live. Hope to meet some of you soon!

Replies

• bevtony20
    bevtony20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted. I will be 60 next June...I started at 305 and now weigh 285. We seem to be on the same path. It's not easy to make changes but you can do it. My goal for the first six months is simple...record everything I eat (even on those days when I don't make the best choices) and keep my daily calories at 2,000 or below. I know some will scoff at the high number but for me to maintain my current weight would be almost 3,000 calories a day. If I'm eating 1,000 less per day it will start to add up. Plus it allows me to not feel deprived. I'd be happy to be a friend in this journey.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I will support you 100% as long as you support me back by commenting. I am disabled but can walk and do light exercise. I also am here every day! Send a friend request is you wish.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You'll find a lot of support here. Don't be afraid to reach out.
    You'll get there, I promise. Take baby steps and remain strong.