MOTIVATION

Options
Well, I so messed up today, I had Pizza and gosh knows what else, I think I might have a little trouble at the moment keeping on track--WHY WHY WHY did I ruin things and eat a pizza???????
Help

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I ate way too much pizza the other night but I know that it's just one night and the next day is a new day. Don't make it a habit and workout a little more the next day to try and even it out. Don't let it ruin what you've worked so hard for.
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't think eating pizza ruins it at all. Were you within your calorie guidelines? Something I am working on in regards to a lifestyle change as opposed to a strict diet (where I lose weight and gain it right back) is to know that I can have what I want but I have to be smart about it. I mean I think about people who are naturally thin, most don't just eat barley and vegetables. They eat in moderation.

So enjoy your slice of pizza and exercise it off! IT will be fine! :)
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine to have pizza once in a while it is one of my favorites. I keep a couple michaelina's lean gourmet pizzas in the freezer for when i am craving pizza and have already had the "delivery" or "take out" once in that week or two week period. They are really good and the serving is sufficient too. Priced right also. I agree with Caramel827, i am making a change for life and not dieting this time so i am doing things differently this time, progress is slow but i am not starving and not beating myself up for eating foods i enjoy.... in moderation today and thats the big change for me. You can do it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hasmikk
    hasmikk Posts: 1
    Options
    i had pizza the other day no biggy just take a piece or two. Dont over eat and work out the next day and its alll good.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well, I so messed up today, I had Pizza and gosh knows what else, I think I might have a little trouble at the moment keeping on track--WHY WHY WHY did I ruin things and eat a pizza???????
    Help
    Ok, so you ate Pizza, least you didn't go out an kill anyone, right? Not something you planned, yup, it can make you feel crummy, BUT hanging onto the guilt won't help you Hon! Log in EVERYTHING you can recall eating today and take a look at it, think about how you feel both emotionally and physically. That seems to have started helping me realize that planned pizza makes me feel far better than unplanned food.

When you wake up, have your meals planned out on your food diary, plan on drinking TONS of water to flush out the sodium and go about your day eating healthy as you typically would. Don't let one pizza upset mess up 2 days in a row, you've probably been there and done that and know how crummy it feels. Remember you've got the power in your hands to be back in control this moment!

I realize you deal with alot of 'stinkin pain!! So whatever method of excercise you are able to do (and only you know that Hon) set up a plan for that tomorrow as well. Stretch bands are some amazing creatures, they are awesome because most anyone can get a good workout with them as we get to decide how to use them without over use if we do deal with chronic pain.

Chin up,
    You're alright, you shared and we're with you 100%, k?:heart:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I had pizza last night, too, AND brownies! That said, I was still within my calorie goals and was at an 800 calorie deficit on the day. The key is in the planning and your choice of pizza. I allow myself one 'cheat meal' each week. I don't go and eat 2000 calories, but I allow myself to indulge in something I won't eat any other meal of the week. Last night it was Domino's Pizza. I buy it thin crust with nothing but cheese. I ate a LOT of it (seriously, a LOT!). Afterwards, I wanted chocolate. BADLY. So, I found a recipe online for black bean brownies, made a batch, ate 2, and gave the rest to my neighbor. They really were good even with black beans in them!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Its ok! We all work hard and we all deserve a little treat now and again! Like someone above said today is a new day!
  • km1540
    km1540 Posts: 22
    Options
    Its ok.. You can't keep your body from it wanting certain foods. You can't deprive your body. That is why so many diets fail.. What we do is not a diet it is a life style change, a total wellness change. You can splurge on pizza and other "bad" foods just don't do it every day. Besides you can make up for the indulgence by working out for 10 minutes longer, or after a good cardio session do some ab work.

You will be ok..
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Agree with the other posters - one bad day isn't going to cause you to put on 10 pounds, just like one good day isn't going to lose you 10 pounds. It's about long term habits. Tomorrow's a new day and you'll do great!