how long did it take you to loose 100lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a 100 pounds in a year but it looks like I might come up just a few pounds short of that at my 12 month mark. It will probably take about 13 months to hit the full 100 pounds. But we'll see.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Fastbiceps wrote: »
    lost 30 in 4 months
    There was this one girl a while back in the bodybuilding forums who would eat a whole bunch of egg whites, chili pepper, coffee, ... [snip] ... for breakfast and it suppressed her appetite and boosted her metabolism. Then she would eat every three hours and throw in a cup of coffee, egg whites or chili peppers. I remember her diet was spot on, but she would do all these random little things things to her diet

Why are you spamming this crap? I have seen you on two different threads promoting it?

OP, I am only about half way through, at about 50 down (including before I started) over 2.5 years. That being said, I have not always been fully dedicated to the process. It works as long as you stay focused. The up side is that I haven't regained everything I lost, so at least I am holding steady until I am ready to rededicate.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Fastbiceps wrote: »
    lost 30 in 4 months
    There was this one girl a while back in the bodybuilding forums who would eat a whole bunch of egg whites, chili pepper, coffee, ... [snip] ... for breakfast and it suppressed her appetite and boosted her metabolism. Then she would eat every three hours and throw in a cup of coffee, egg whites or chili peppers. I remember her diet was spot on, but she would do all these random little things things to her diet

Why are you spamming this crap? I have seen you on two different threads promoting it?

OP, I am only about half way through, at about 50 down (including before I started) over 2.5 years. That being said, I have not always been fully dedicated to the process. It works as long as you stay focused. The up side is that I haven't regained everything I lost, so at least I am holding steady until I am ready to rededicate.

• ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is awesome...that is my first sub goal. I lost just shy of 40 lbs a while back but lost my focus...I've kept about 30 off but I started noticing an upward climb on the scale...this is my first time not doing a diet but rather just focusing on calories in calories out. I am closing closing in on getting back to 40 lbs off...so far without the egg white, coffee, pepper diet...Lol. I think that is probably along the lines of breaking your cookies so the calories fall out before you eat them (oh if only that really worked)...Lol.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just about a year. I hit 101 lb lost last week and I started about the same time last year. It will all depend on how much you have to lose (I still have more to go so that helps), how you go about it, and a large number of factors. Don't rush things, and just make sure you are doing things in a healthy, and sustainable way.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    14 months or so. 150lbs took me 24 months of actual losing weight (with 6 months of not losing part way in.) So 30 months all up. It most definitely slowed down the closer I got to goal.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I started at 340 pounds. Lost the first 100 in 5 months. Lost 152 in 8.5 months.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    75 lbs in roughly 8-9 months, the last 25 about 18-24 months.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started at 292 lbs and lost 100 lbs in a year (my goal was 50). BUT I haven't really gotten any further since because I've been regaining and losing the last 20 lbs for the last two or three years.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It took me between 9-10 months. Started at 348.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is awesome...that is my first sub goal. I lost just shy of 40 lbs a while back but lost my focus...I've kept about 30 off but I started noticing an upward climb on the scale...this is my first time not doing a diet but rather just focusing on calories in calories out. I am closing closing in on getting back to 40 lbs off...so far without the egg white, coffee, pepper diet...Lol. I think that is probably along the lines of breaking your cookies so the calories fall out before you eat them (oh if only that really worked)...Lol.

Yes! The broken cookie pieces don't have calories... That might explain why I'm still a work in progress after all this time. :laugh:
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Around about 6 months for me.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I calculated wrong. It was more like 15 months. I don't math so good.