Salmon?

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    (but I use a chipotle chili powder b/c I'd waste a can of them for one or two peppers).

@eppslynne88 I put the rest of the peppers in individual ice cube trays, freeze 'em, then pop them into bags. :) I do the same with canned curry paste, pesto sauces, etc...
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a minimalist with salmon - I squeeze a lemon over a large salmon filet, maybe just a dab of garlic and pop it in the oven. I prefer my salmon medium, so I cook about 12-15 minutes and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.

Leftover salmon is also scrumptious in a quiche. to make it a super healthy quiche, go crustless and mix up 4-6 eggs, a splash of milk, and a dollop of sour cream. Fill the bottom of the pie pan with all the yummies you want - flaked salmon, mushrooms, and spinach are tasty together, but quiche is an excellent vehicle for many types of leftovers. Pour egg mixture over your meat/veggies, then sprinkle with cheese and bake 20-40 minutes, depending on how deep your pan is.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I like to grill it.

8dxxlxa33xnv.jpg
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle Lawry's seasoning salt over one side of each fillet. Preheat a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil to hot pan and sear salmon on one side for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (if skin on, skin side first and definitely 3 min) then flip and sear other side for 2 minutes. Put lid on top of pan and let sit for 5-10 minutes, unless you like it more rare in the middle.

Hot pan = good sear = better flavor
  • dying_in_my_dreams
    Options
    Salmon can be so simple. I usually sprinkle with dill, lemon and parsley dry mix and season wrap in foil and cook for 20-25mins. Serve it with salad and potatoes. Or in pasta with a white onion sauce or with mash potato and a thick lemon and white wine sauce. If served hot also love serving with broccoli. Another way is to cover in a stir fry sauce like teriyaki and wrap in foil. It tastes delicious. Nice cold next day for sandwiches or salads.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I throw it on the grill with whatever seasoning I feel like. I eat salmon at least 4x a week. I always try to buy wild salmon, it's much healthier and tastes far better.
    Sometimes I do kabobs with bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, zucchini,etc.
  • calx77
    calx77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Canned Red Salmon is even nicer than expensive fresh Salmon if you ask me!
    Put it in a bowl, plenty of vinegar and black pepper and mush up with a fork. Apply to some bread :)
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy that sounds delicious! I took a screenshot to try soon
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like to put bbq sauce on salmon and bake, or a maple / teriyaki glaze
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    salmon is awesome pretty much without having to do much to it...i just do a little lemon, salt, and pepper. imo, doing too much actually ruins it.

i usually grill it.
  • Mindfullyjo
    Mindfullyjo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A touch of oil, salt and pepper on the salmon fillet.
    Put in an oven dish, and at the other end of the pan put green beans (cooked to just tender) mixed with cherry tomatoes and and black olives.
    Lay some anchovy fillets (small tinned ones) over the vegetables. Bake hot til salmon is cooked (about 15 mins). The anchovies kind of melt into the green beans and it's a delicious mix. Plus you don't have to bother cooking any other vegetables - maybe just a boiled potato or slice of bread. Thank you to Jamie Oliver.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I don't eat salmon but i make it for my boyfriend who loves it. I do a tin foil boat thing kind of like the person who grills theirs up above^.

I do salmon, a few slices of lemon, a few dabs of butter and THAT'S IT! I wrap it in tin foil so that it steams itself in the oven and i cook it for roughly 20-25 minutes.

He then adds salt and enjoys it accompanied with roasted green beans. :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Put your oven on broil, pop in the salmon on a rack that's at a bit past half way in the oven. Take it out after 7 minutes, add a teriyaki glaze and broil for another minute. It's so easy and so delicious.
  • abs127
    abs127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like it grilled - salt, pepper and olive oil.
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Steam , pinch of salt, crack black pepper & few slice of