BCAA?

Options
Do they work? Do you notice a difference?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    They're not necessary. Especially when bulking and you're receiving adequate protein through diet. Id rather put my money towards whole foods. I do like them when cutting for the fact that they taste good lol. But long term, save your money. They won't have an impact to even notice any real difference. I'd say buy them if you want, they're gonna do more good than bad obviously, but they are definitely not necessary or will aid in any crazy gains. Just eat and lift.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    If your diet is balanced and your protein high enough to cover whatever goals you're trying to achieve, you don't need them. Aminos are the broken down form of protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Islandbum24
    Islandbum24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the feedback!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    They are great for preserving muscle mass when in calorie deficit. B)
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    So is weightlifting. I'd rather invest my money elsewhere like a whey that costs the same that includes bcaas....or just chew my protein sources lol. They are good for flavor though when cutting(:
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    http://examine.com/supplements/Branched+Chain+Amino+Acids/

Look at the research and make an informed decision.
  • dstromley90
    dstromley90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So is weightlifting. I'd rather invest my money elsewhere like a whey that costs the same that includes bcaas....or just chew my protein sources lol. They are good for flavor though when cutting(:

Weightlifing is catabolic. Bcaas keep you anabolic
  • Barbados1965
    Barbados1965 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used them right before my cardio workouts and have noticed they help preserve my muscle mass and notice a difference in cardio performance.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options

Weightlifing is catabolic. Bcaas keep you anabolic

Resistance training and optimum protein intake will help you with muscle growth. There is no need to spend the money on bcaas in my opinion because the benefits are so minuscule. I do enjoy them when given as a gift or something, but it's not something I'm going to prioritize my money towards. Everyone has their views though and I respect that(: I'm just giving my thoughts and opinion that they are not necessary.
  • burgersronny
    burgersronny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Branched chain Amio acids.. Basic things like fish oil. They help keep blood flowing smoothly and keep the gains coming. That's what I think they do. I know for fact that they will not do anything if your diet is good.
    Hope that helped
    Good luck
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My fast acting protein (post workout) has BCAA's in it.. I use the protein to help me reach my goals each day.