??

Options
I walk every day. Minimum of an hour a day most days. I've stopped losing weight but I've lost inches everywhere!!! How?! Why?!

Gets quite depressing standing on the scales to see no change (which is better than gaining) as I weigh myself more than I measure myself.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Being smaller trumps what it is says on your scale:) You don't wear your scale around your neck for all to see, am I right?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your body is now losing inches and that is something to celebrate!! Isn't that the point?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Your body has adjusted so you need to do something new. A new walk. A new mileage. Something with hills. Add weights. Do a tabata walk/ run etc.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Your body has adjusted so you need to do something new. A new walk. A new mileage. Something with hills. Add weights. Do a tabata walk/ run etc.

What would that accomplish? Especially if she is still losing inches. She's probably just holding on to water weight.

@ OP: Keep it up! Inches are what matter anyhow. After all, your clothes don't care what your scale says! :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    You doing it right be happy. I had what I called test shorts that I used to try on every two weeks. That used to make me feel good when the scales wouldn't budge but the shorts were becoming looser. Don't give up
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I walk every day. Minimum of an hour a day most days. I've stopped losing weight but I've lost inches everywhere!!! How?! Why?!

Gets quite depressing standing on the scales to see no change (which is better than gaining) as I weigh myself more than I measure myself.

That's wonderful you've lost inches, though. Throw that scale out the window and carry on doing what you're doing!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I disagree. If she's losing inches, she's doing something right. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I would much rather look smaller than look the same and have the scale go down (which is my situation). Be happy for your success and don't worry so much about the numbers on the scale.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight for medical reasons? If it's just for vanity reasons then enjoy it. The scale probably isn't moving because of water weight, especially if you never give yourself a rest day.
  • 11Adams11wife11
    11Adams11wife11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys!!
    Believe me, I'm over the moon that I lost inches. My biggest loss was 28 inches around my stomach !!!! 4 inches off my thighs in just less than 3 months. Dropped a dress size too!!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie intake as you've lost weight? It sounds to me like you're eating at maintenance and recomping. Which is not a bad thing if you've lost quite a bit, gives your body/skin a bit of a chance to catch up. But if you haven't reset your goals you might want to just make sure you're eating the right amount as well. Well done on the inch loss though, that to me would be more important than weight loss :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Don't give the scales so much power - inch loss is a much, much better result! :]

I've used this example a few times but last month, I 'only' lost 2lbs but I lost a massive 8 inches from all over. This inch loss is the real victory! It's good to keep an eye on the scale for tracking purposes but the real successes are coming from those inch losses and how you look! Well done you :)
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the others, don't stress about the scales. Keep doing what you're doing and you will get there. It's not just about the scales and the inches. It's about your long term health, reducing your risk of chronic disease like diabetes and heart disease. Every step you take is building your strong healthy bones and flushing out your blood vessels. Maybe you're building up those muscles so much it's balancing out the 'fat' loss? You should be so proud losing 28 inches, don't lose sight of the bigger picture because of a stupid number on a a scales!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Inches are what people see. I'd rather lose inches than pounds.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you lost 28" around your stomach and the scale hasn't budged, you need a new scale. Nobody loses 28" without dropping some weight.

Congrats on your loss!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've lost scale weight?
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Being smaller trumps what it is says on your scale:) You don't wear your scale around your neck for all to see, am I right?

This!