New grill - need recipes!

icimani
icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
I've been really enjoying grilled vegetables - sweet peppers and onions on a skewer, lightly sprayed with butter flavored canola oil and sprinkled with Morton's seasoned salt. Also chicken tenders sprinkled with a little lemon pepper.

What's your favorite thing on the grill?

Replies

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Mmm... grilled portabella mushrooms. Scoop the "gills" out, grill bowl side down for a couple minutes. Flip over, add a little pesto and parm cheese. Viola! Gooey deliciousness.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Bump...I just got a new grill, too

ETA - I've been doing a lot of turkey burgers, 96% ground beef burgers, chicken, turkey smoked sausage. I have yet to start with the vegetables. I like the idea of peppers, onions, potatoes etc.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    zucchini with a lil smart balance and them parm shreds on top! yumm!
    and
    soak an unshucked corn in water for an hour and then grill for 20ish minutes and shuck warm, its easiest!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Pretty much ANYTHING on the grill is pretty dang tasty! We use Trader Joe's coconut oil spray ( its the bomb!) loads of fruit on the grill - pineapple is one of our favorites as are most pitted fruits - great as sides or to add to salads during the week - we try to do a "meat fest" on Sunday - cookiing up at least 3 different types of proteins for lunches or dinners through out the week - can't go wrong with things on the gril
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    bump
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Try Cabbage:
    Quarter a head of cabbage, leaving the core on (this helps it stay together).

Lay each quarter on it's round side and dress the flat sides with barbecue sauce. Grill for a bit, then turn them on their sides so the barbecue and get sticky.

These are SO yummy and cheap! They kinda have a grilled corn flavour.

Another one would be Granny Smith Apples. Halve them, then sprinkle them with cinnamon and apple pie seasoning (no sugar). When they are grilled, they taste soooo good. You really don't need the sugar.
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Zucchini and eggplant are so yummy hot off of the grill! I also love onions, peppers, chicken, burgers, brats/dogs, peaches, pineapples...pretty much anything! :)
  • kristengraham
    kristengraham Posts: 59 Member
    I just got a new grill... I'd love any and all suggestions :D A grill is currently my main source for cooking!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    the beauty of a grill is there really isn't much to "recipies." Lightly season and oil, and food to fire. Remove food from fire and eat.

although, my brother makes a pizza on the grill. i've not had it, but he says it's phenomenal
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Bump
  • ashley0314
    ashley0314 Posts: 26 Member
    the beauty of a grill is there really isn't much to "recipies." Lightly season and oil, and food to fire. Remove food from fire and eat.

although, my brother makes a pizza on the grill. i've not had it, but he says it's phenomenal

Grilled pizza is one of my favorites. I sell Pampered Chef and we came out with a pizza pan specifically for the grill last year of course I had to try it, it's amazing! I haven't made one this year but last year it was a staple in our menu every week. My picky kids loved it too.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    salmon. tilapia. chicken thighs (yum). and of course steaks.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    My new favorite - shrimp! 10 large shrimp (the 31-40/pound size) is only 154 cals - I just sprinkle with some lemon pepper and then sprinkle with lemon juice. Yummy!

I tried the cabbage with bbq sauce - it's not my favorite, but still pretty good. I'll have to try it again becasue I don't think I cooked it long enough.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    We've been doing a lot of grilled salmon lately - mmmm! And usually a potato and/or bell peppers for a side. And I always have chicken sausage when I feel like bein' fatty :)