Put down the keys and put on the sneaks for a store run!

Options
GETU1N
GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
i thought why use the car when I can use my body!!! DO WORK SON!!!

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Why so much cardio?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    8vv4I0q.jpg

I'm pretty radical though.

I even run or cycle to and from the gym...
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Why so much cardio?

What? He walked to/from the store.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    What did you buy?
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    An Avocado to eat with my dinner
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Might work for some. Or if I'm just buying 1 or 2 things. But I generally shop once a week for a large family. No way am I carrying all that home!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I wish I could. Our drivers and roads make it hazardous. I do it sometimes anyway, though. Wear that neon snot bicyclist clothing, even if you're walking. And if out at dawn or dusk, some sort of wearable lighting doesn't hurt, either. I think there's a vest or something. Safe walking/biking to all!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    8vv4I0q.jpg

I lift at a powerlifting gym- LOL- they all think I have 3 heads when I tell them I'm going to run home. It's funny. (esp since it's only 3.5 miles)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Why so much cardio?

62571-Beast-Mode-On.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No, my stores a much too far to walk or run to.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Why so much cardio?

62571-Beast-Mode-On.jpg

But does it count if you don't tell folks about it before hand???

qn393cyu7qqy.jpg
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to run or even walk places but it's just not practical where I live. :(
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I would love to be able to run or even walk places but it's just not practical where I live. :(

Same here. I drive about 35K-40K miles annually. There just isn't enough time in the day to walk everywhere. Just walking to the gym would be a 18-20 hour walk round-trip.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    GETU1N wrote: »
    i thought why use the car when I can use my body!!! DO WORK SON!!!

Excellent. :smiley:

I use everyday errands to sneak a run / walk / ride in. For example when I take the truck in for service, I run home (6km) and then run back to pick it up for another 6km unless I decide to take the scenic route around the seawall like I did for the most recent service (27km). And hilly. :smiley:
    Why so much cardio?

What defines "so much" (implying too much)?
    msf74 wrote: »
    8vv4I0q.jpg

Love it!

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Same here. I drive about 35K-40K miles annually. There just isn't enough time in the day to walk everywhere. Just walking to the gym would be a 18-20 hour walk round-trip.

Walk to the gym for 30 minutes and then turn around and go home. Eventually you can quit paying the dues and just do the same route. DO WORK SON!!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Walk to the gym for 30 minutes and then turn around and go home. Eventually you can quit paying the dues and just do the same route. DO WORK SON!!!

That doesn't help me lift weights.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My local store is only a half mile away from me. I NEVER drive :)

I forced my husband and kids to walk it with me one day and my husband said "why exactly did we walk to the store"
    Lol, he isn't into this lifestyle just yet. Bet that will change when I start curling more then he does :)
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Why so much cardio?

62571-Beast-Mode-On.jpg

It's paleo. Our ancestors most definitely walked or ran to get their food.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I bought a bike when I realized the farthest place I regularly go is less than 3 miles away. My broke down about a month ago - haven't bothered to get it looked at since I never use it anyways. At this rate, I'm considering just selling it.
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    I bought a bike when I realized the farthest place I regularly go is less than 3 miles away. My broke down about a month ago - haven't bothered to get it looked at since I never use it anyways. At this rate, I'm considering just selling it.

I'm so envious right now. Maybe I'll take out massive life insurance on myself for my family to enjoy and do it anyway. Crazy drivers and potholes be damned.

I lied, I'm too chicken. Not of dying, of ending up in a hospital for months.