nothing can motivate me ..

Options

Replies

• trbrmc
    trbrmc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Last year, I was over 400 lbs, but really got sick of myself to the point that it made me want to do something about it. I'm with the ones that say to list realistic goals (example: just cut sugar and sweets out). Looking at 30kgs seems like a lifetime, but I tell you that I'm 303lbs now, in just a year. That's over 100 lbs!
    You can do this. If you have the want for it, it might take you some time before you find the motivation that'll help you stick with it (took me years), but it's achievable. Just realize this one thing: whatever diet plan, exercise plan, eating schedule or whatever you choose to do; isn't important. You have to realize that you're changing your life. If you constantly think of it as a plan that you have to stick to, it will be something that you can ultimately quit at some point.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting trying to "regain my motivation" for a long time now. I'm starting to think that maybe "motivation" isn't the best word for it. I've heard people talk about doing the work and "walking on faith" until the belief catches up with you.

I started on this path in 2011. By the start of 2013, I'd lost about 115 pounds. I had my "act to-ge-ther!" I had surgery to remove some of the "overhanging belly", and had a rough time recovering, went to Disney, then the excuses started coming out of the woodwork, my dad passed away, and I've been trying to get my motivation back ever since. Here it is now 2 years later, and I'm sitting at 60 pounds lost.

Maybe it's just having enough discipline to get things moving in the right direction and the motivation comes later.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    hiraraeesi wrote: »
    i need help badly... i wanna lose ove 30 kgs but i cant even achieve 1 kg goal.. nothing can motivate me.. i hate my body but i still cant resist food.. sometimes i feel like i m not normal... if i m not comfortable with my body then y cant i stop eating..

Have you considered seeing a counselor to talk to about some of the issues you are having?
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    i need help badly... i wanna lose ove 30 kgs but i cant even achieve 1 kg goal.. nothing can motivate me.. i hate my body but i still cant resist food.. sometimes i feel like i m not normal... if i m not comfortable with my body then y cant i stop eating..

If you want "Real Motivation" Buy your self a $1000.00 dress that 5 sizes to small.
    Now.. get on the path to be able to wear it, before it's too late
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i need help badly... i wanna lose ove 30 kgs but i cant even achieve 1 kg goal.. nothing can motivate me.. i hate my body but i still cant resist food..

Most of us who gain a bunch of weight dislike what we see and feel like. You are not alone in your feelings there.

Within you is the power to do something about it. So what's stopping you?

I can tell you what stopped me: Buying my own bull$hit excuses. I told myself every fairy tale known - that it would be "hard" or "take too long" (too long for what?) or "that I'd fail".

Complete BS.

Here's the reality: if you adopt a healthy diet featuring a caloric deficit (fewer calories than your body uses every day) and supplement your efforts with some exercise to improve your fitness and health (not to lose weight, to be healthy and improve self-image too)... you will be much lighter but even more importantly feeling much better mere months from now.

You can do a lot in a year. I lost 34kg in about 10 months.
    • Was it too hard? Nope. It was easy. Truly.
    • Is losing most of the weight I gained in 13 years over a mere 10 months too long? Nope!
    • Did I worry constantly about failing? Nope. Within about four weeks I noticed my clothes were already fitting looser and my fitness was improving. I knew I would keep going because results matter.

Suggestion: Don't look at the motivation threads for support, look instead at the SUCCESS STORIES forum section.

In there are thousands of threads and posts from people just like you who made a commitment to themselves to improve their health and committed to themselves to keep going. You'll find photos of amazing transformations and stories that will bring tears to your eyes. If you read enough of these stories you'll soon realize that many of the stories about their weight issues before they started will sound just like you. They just decided to start changing.

You can do it too. We all can do this.

You can do a lot in a year.

I hope you do because I want to read your exuberant posts during your transformation and read your success story at the end.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    i need help badly... i wanna lose ove 30 kgs but i cant even achieve 1 kg goal.. nothing can motivate me.. i hate my body but i still cant resist food..

Most of us who gain a bunch of weight dislike what we see and feel like. You are not alone in your feelings there.

Within you is the power to do something about it. So what's stopping you?

I can tell you what stopped me: Buying my own bull$hit excuses. I told myself every fairy tale known - that it would be "hard" or "take too long" (too long for what?) or "that I'd fail".

Complete BS.

Here's the reality: if you adopt a healthy diet featuring a caloric deficit (fewer calories than your body uses every day) and supplement your efforts with some exercise to improve your fitness and health (not to lose weight, to be healthy and improve self-image too)... you will be much lighter but even more importantly feeling much better mere months from now.

You can do a lot in a year. I lost 34kg in about 10 months.
    • Was it too hard? Nope. It was easy. Truly.
    • Is losing most of the weight I gained in 13 years over a mere 10 months too long? Nope!
    • Did I worry constantly about failing? Nope. Within about four weeks I noticed my clothes were already fitting looser and my fitness was improving. I knew I would keep going because results matter.

Suggestion: Don't look at the motivation threads for support, look instead at the SUCCESS STORIES forum section.

In there are thousands of threads and posts from people just like you who made a commitment to themselves to improve their health and committed to themselves to keep going. You'll find photos of amazing transformations and stories that will bring tears to your eyes. If you read enough of these stories you'll soon realize that many of the stories about their weight issues before they started will sound just like you. They just decided to start changing.

You can do it too. We all can do this.

You can do a lot in a year.

I hope you do because I want to read your exuberant posts during your transformation and read your success story at the end.

Great Post! Thank you...
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    In my opinion a great motivator is motivating friends. Let's be friends!

I don't know much about your story, but my comfort eating had a lot to do with my relationship with my family and some people around me. They make comments or judge, which made me eat and hurt my confidence--just proving them right and the cycle continued.

It seems to me like the problem might not be food, it might be what's around you. The question to ask: am I happy? If the answer is no, that's the problem.

Take it from me, losing weight won't solve feeling negative about yourself and your life. However, stepping out and treating whatever is hurting your soul, finding what makes you HAPPY (and it's not food, because you feel worse after) will motivate you.

When you help heal your mindset, fitness and healthy eating will follow. I promise. I like to travel and try new foods--just focus on moderating and experience the beauty in the world. Some of my MFP friends like to hike or cook. Whatever it takes the real goal is to find HAPPINESS. The motivation will organically follow and you'll enjoy the process.

• 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can always start small. Eat what you want, but give yourself a calorie limit. Make yourself accountable for how many calories you ate today. Keep that momentum going for a week. Then try cutting back a little more the next week. Go for a walk by yourself every day and clear your head. Think about why you want to make a change. Think about all the ways you can help motivate yourself. Hatred is so destructive and defeats us before we start. Ask yourself, is it really yourself you hate, or just your situation? Hope this helps. :)
  • hiraraeesi
    hiraraeesi Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    thanks to all.. i m really feeling better after reading all above posts and a bit motivatedn its just may be that no one motivated and ever understood what i really wanted.. i always wanted support which i never had..
    if i 'd asked my family plz not to bring fatty foods they were always like .." its not our fault that u r fat.."
    my friends always complimented that" ya u lookin good today if u were skinnnier u wd 've looked more beautiful"

and today i was so motivated to join a local gym.. when i informed my brother he was like.. " ya ya.. i ve been watchin u struggling to weight lose from my childhood u still the same"
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @hiraraeesi You have to make your own conditions of success. Your family might not care (deep down they do) or more likely may simply be insensitive or may not know how to support you.

Shake that off.

You can do this on your own, really you can. You are an adult and can make your own choices. If the family brings in fatty foods (nothing wrong with healthy fats!) that don't work for *your* plan, bring in something tasty that works for you.

Maybe in watching how you conduct yourself over time, they'll make some changes too. Maybe not. But you can still do this on your own, support from family or not.
  • hiraraeesi
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @hiraraeesi You have to make your own conditions of success. Your family might not care (deep down they do) or more likely may simply be insensitive or may not know how to support you.

Shake that off.

You can do this on your own, really you can. You are an adult and can make your own choices. If the family brings in fatty foods (nothing wrong with healthy fats!) that don't work for *your* plan, bring in something tasty that works for you.

Maybe in watching how you conduct yourself over time, they'll make some changes too. Maybe not. But you can still do this on your own, support from family or not.

thanx.. as always nice post.. i am shaking it off
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    thanks to all.. i m really feeling better after reading all above posts and a bit motivatedn its just may be that no one motivated and ever understood what i really wanted.. i always wanted support which i never had..
    if i 'd asked my family plz not to bring fatty foods they were always like .." its not our fault that u r fat.."
    my friends always complimented that" ya u lookin good today if u were skinnnier u wd 've looked more beautiful"

and today i was so motivated to join a local gym.. when i informed my brother he was like.. " ya ya.. i ve been watchin u struggling to weight lose from my childhood u still the same"

Now, get him to go to the gym with you, at least for 10 sessions.
    After 10 sessions, I would like to hope you will feel comfortable going to the gym alone, if you needed to
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    If the way you look isn't enough to get you going, learn everything you can about the health consequences of a bad diet. Lots of free info online, I think TED Talks have the greatest variety of short introductions to these topics from the most reputable speakers on diet, exercise, and just about everything else you might have an interest in.

Learn the struggles of people who get to the point of needing weight loss surgery, and how they still struggle and even fail and regain the weight afterward because it wasn't a magic fix.

Learn everything you can about metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Check out a photo of a diabetic gangrenous foot for some reasons besides appearance and self-esteem to make wiser food choices.

Check out lectures on the mental health and cognition benefits of an active lifestyle. (I just started watching some of the TED Talks on these myself.)

Lots and lots of reasons to be healthy at a good weight (as opposed to at a good weight but still not healthy) if you want to live a long, healthy life. If these resources had been available to me when I was young, I like to think I'd be much better off than I am now.
  • hiraraeesi
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i had.. i dont need to watch all these videos i 'd seen my Dad struggling with his life and.. my Dad was a food addict too and passed away just at the age of 49 bcoz of this.. he'd always warned me by sayin dont do what i ve done to myself .. He had diabetes, IBS and high b.p which led to stroke..

even
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    If the way you look isn't enough to get you going, learn everything you can about the health consequences of a bad diet. Lots of free info online, I think TED Talks have the greatest variety of short introductions to these topics from the most reputable speakers on diet, exercise, and just about everything else you might have an interest in.

Learn the struggles of people who get to the point of needing weight loss surgery, and how they still struggle and even fail and regain the weight afterward because it wasn't a magic fix.

Learn everything you can about metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Check out a photo of a diabetic gangrenous foot for some reasons besides appearance and self-esteem to make wiser food choices.

Check out lectures on the mental health and cognition benefits of an active lifestyle. (I just started watching some of the TED Talks on these myself.)

Lots and lots of reasons to be healthy at a good weight (as opposed to at a good weight but still not healthy) if you want to live a long, healthy life. If these resources had been available to me when I was young, I like to think I'd be much better off than I am now.
    [/quote

• markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There was a blog post recently about motivation, it was good. The upshot is that you have to start having some compassion for yourself and quit beating yourself up. I quit drinking and smoking and to do it I needed some help, but mostly I had to forgive myself and others, (they go together) for my and their flaws and start trying to make it easier for me to do the right things.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i had.. i dont need to watch all these videos i 'd seen my Dad struggling with his life and.. my Dad was a food addict too and passed away just at the age of 49 bcoz of this.. he'd always warned me by sayin dont do what i ve done to myself .. He had diabetes, IBS and high b.p which led to stroke..

even
    Azuriaz wrote: »

I'm sorry you went through that. I hope it motivates you soon. You know it's what he'd want. But I also understand how hard it is to put what you know into practice when you're fighting what you want at the moment. So I do get it.
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's that blog post, you may need to copy and paste the address into your browser:
    The Secret Ingredient You Need for Stronger Motivation ‹ Hello Healthy https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-secret-ingredient-you-need-for-stronger-motivation/
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a dress that I brought that hangs up on my wardrobe and I see it everyday....it helped me to stay focused. I also had to find something to do that I enjoyed more than food so that I could stop thinking about what my next meal would be. I always blamed my husband for eating bad stuff around me and blamed him for my extra weight but I had to except that it was only ME who could change my weight issue. I think the key is to not cut anything out because you will want to eat it even more! One change I made was to cut out all low fat food as it contains more sugar and just eat more balanced meals with higher fats which are suppose to keep you fuller and I think that has really helped me. I also tried to be more active, just a 20min walk a day helped me. I have lost 4 stone in 8 months and all I have done is a bit of walking everyday, logged on every day and tried to stick to my calorie limit. If I have bad days I scroll down and look at before and after pictures that people have posted, it always helped me... Good luck!
  • KatDJZ
    KatDJZ Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'll feel motivated for a few days and then it all disappears in the face of something I wanna eat. I was just thinking that I could use some new mfp friends because the ones I have are great, but they are all doing so well. I need some people who suck at this too, lol. Misery loves company and all... So yeah, friend me if you're in the same boat! Maybe we can motivate each other.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread. If you are really unmotivated and can't stop eating, you may be depressed. You sound like you are at least a little depressed. Its very difficult to lose weight when you are mildly depressed. Actually a lot of us tend to just keep putting it on in those circumstances.

You need to resolve your mental health issues and then you will find losing weight easier.

This is one of the fundamentals of successful long term weightloss.

To start getting yoru mental health in order, see your GP and look into getting some councilling. It may not happen over night but to get happier you need hope and you need to feel that your problems are starting to resolve. Its a lot easier to do this when you have support.

Note: another case of losing weight not being as simple as CICO.