Me, myself and I

Options
so hey. Im started useing this site last week. I do have eating disorder but im trying my best to recover. I did try to get help from the mental health team in my area but they told me I had lost weight before they would help ( I wasn't happy with that answer ) im already underweight and I don't want to lose more to get help.... Anyway I found out one of my mum friend was seeing this guy john who has a degree in diet and exercise and is trying to lose weight himself. Anyway my mum friend is trying to lose weight and her daughter jess is also trying to recover from a eating disorder. So im now on my 2nd week with john help and it been so helpful much better then any mental health worker tbh. But I was wondering if anyone had any other tips for weight gain or how I can get my self to eat when I really don't want to. Just anything useful to help me gain weight and get better body would be awsome. Also Im useing this app because john told me to as he can see what im eating or not eating daily and message me if he think he need to ruther then watie till my next app with him. Im happy to say in 1st week I did gain 6oz but lost muscle and did gain body fat % ( he had a scale that does weight, water %, fat % and so on ) so what can I do to gain muscle %. Also add me if your simular or just want someone new to talk to... Btw im 19 f UK and I have instagram to where I upload meal idears to.

Replies

• KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That's a really difficult one as everyone is different. I can only say what has helped me gaining weight. I use the myfitnesspal app to make sure I eat enough. It's like a high score to me, every day I have to hit that number of calories, if I don't, I know that I'll start going in the wrong direction again and that pisses me off. I've pretty much tried to brainwash myself into that way of thinking, constantly repeating to myself 'I have to eat that much to get healthier'. I also set alarms on my phone and fitbit to remind me when it's time to eat. It constantly feels like force feeding myself which is never fun but..... I have to hit that high score.

I've taken to keeping a lot of whole milk and pistachios nuts in the house, liquid calories are easier to consume and the nuts are easy to eat when there is no feeling of hunger. I also keep plenty of peanut butter as much as I hate the stuff but I know it does the job of bumping up calorie intake.

I adopted a super strict routine at the beginning where I would plan out what breakfast was going to be, I would get up at the same time every morning (including weekends) and have that set breakfast whether I wanted it or not. The routine really helped, it was like training the body to identify when it was time for breakfast.

Good luck getting your health under control! :smile: