Logging Exercise

Options
Hi Everyone

I am trying to log exercise such as Body Pump - but I don't seem to be able to find that as an option on the exercise list!!

Can anyone help?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    From previous posts, it seems using "circuit training" is pretty common.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    From previous posts, it seems using "circuit training" is pretty common.

This^

Just use a generic category. Calorie burns are rough estimates anyway.
  • LucySqueeze
    LucySqueeze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks that is great :)
  • ShaunaLouiseByrne1992
    Options
    Would you invest in a heart monitor? I have one and it's brilliant and pretty accurate. Not too pricey either if you search around. That way you don't have to search, you can just log in your calorie burn without having to guess
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yea typically that generic circuit training entry will give you a safe number to use. I used to use it when I did T25 and it would give me about 220 cals burned. I would only eat back about 60-70% of those just to be safe. I switched to TDEE method now though so I just log my workouts as 1 cal burned. May be a better option for you if you look into it. Don't bother with the HRM they are pretty accurate for steady state cardio but stuff like weights, circuits, and HIIT they can be like 25% off. If you do go the HRM route just realize the number is a ballpark and I would only eat back about 50% to be safe.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Body pump is under cardio exercise under Les Mills Bodypump.
    There however was a bug that prevented it from showing up in the app. Try the website instead.
  • LucySqueeze
    LucySqueeze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ASLSMILE that great - thank you - I didn't even think about putting Les Mills in. Ideal. I have a calorie wrist band but I like to use that separately - if that makes sense. I use MFP mainly for planning what I can eat against exercise I know I am going to do in the evening.