Lose Weight With Ho Hos, Twinkies, Nutty Bars and Oreos

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Mark Haub, head of the Human Nutrition Department for K-State, went on a junk food diet five years ago and made national news. He ate packaged sweets – Ho Hos, Twinkies, Nutty Bars and Oreos – for 10 weeks and lost 27 pounds. He now eats a healthy variety of foods and gained back 17 pounds. In the end, the reason for his weight loss lies purely with calorie restriction.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article36718608.html#storylink=cpy

Most dieting theories are just junk. Removing wheat, going vegan, juicing, cutting out carbs, or just eating salads. It's all hogwash for the most part. Just eat within your calorie goal and you'll lose weight.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    To be fair, oreos are vegan...
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Mhmm. Calorie deficit is obligatory. Everything else is optional.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Chips and fries are too :D
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    No ice cream no care
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Every flavor or just the original?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Mhmm. Calorie deficit is obligatory. Everything else is optional.

I think I love you.

Cheers, h.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yep. A calorie deficit is needed for weight loss. A diet that addresses one's health requires more thinking and effort than Ho Hos and Oreos.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did that. With me being addicted to chocolates I decided to snack on nothing but that and lost weight. The light snacking shrank and trained my stomach where I wouldn't be starving on smaller portions.
    Years later, now I don't eat that to keep the fat, carbs and sugar off to stay lean.
    I do suggest that technique for someone who's addicted to sweets. Then gradually wean yourself off. After a few months you will have lost weight and really no desire for it (mostly). Then ramp up your work out routine, bring in more protein and get leaner.
    Takes time and dedication.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I think whiskey and wine make you lose a lot of weight.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I think whiskey and wine make you lose a lot of weight.

Only if you can stay out of the ho-hos and twinkies when you're drunk. But otherwise, sure!
  • zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is true however... I think people tend to underestimate the calories in the "junk" they're eating. Going out for a night with the guys? Bacon cheese burger, some fries and a couple of beers? Easy to hit 3000 calories in an evening if you're not careful.