How to make my own iced coffee?

Options
13»

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    http://thugkitchen.com/post/56332922966/i-know-you-need-caffeine-sometimes-but-dont-even - language alert, but he's nailed the technique. I've never left the French press in the fridge - overnight on the counter is fine.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Make coffee.. let it cool down a bit then add ice..... Ice Coffee.

pretty complicated ****. Now if only I could figure out how to make Iced Tea. :sad:

Bwahahaha ahh exactly!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig and buy the iced coffee pods for it. They have the flavor but the calories are way less than McDonalds or Starbucks.

Same. They're really yummy too and don't need too much flavoring (creamer, sugar)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?
    Take a tall glass. Fill with ice. Add coffee. Drink.
    You're welcome! :drinker:

Missing an important detail: COLD coffee.

If you pour hot coffee over ice, you get tepid, not-cold, not-hot, watery, weak, coffee. Yuck.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have found 0 calorie, 0 carbs coffee syrups in Hazel Nut, French Vanilla, and Carmel at the Dollar Store. Makes wonderful iced coffee.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?
    Take a tall glass. Fill with ice. Add coffee. Drink.
    You're welcome! :drinker:

Missing an important detail: COLD coffee.

If you pour hot coffee over ice, you get tepid, not-cold, not-hot, watery, weak, coffee. Yuck.

If you have an adequate amount of ice, it turns out just right. I do it this way and it's really good.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If I'm thinking ahead of time I make a strong double-shot in the Aeropress, then refrigerate until I'm ready for it. Add ice, skim milk, Torani SF syrup, and enjoy!

I also have flavoured ice coffee K-cups, but I'm not a fan of it.
  • ashsny84
    ashsny84 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sometimes I brew coffee the night before and put it in the fridge over night and the next morning I pour it in a cup with ice and put either almond milk or coconut milk flavored creamer in it. So good!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I use my french press pot to cold brew coffee for my son. I prefer my coffee hot, but he loves the iced coffees and it's so much cheaper to do it at home. I just grind the coffee beans and add them to the pot with water and let it sit overnight. The next day I plunge the pot and pour up the coffee to keep in the fridge for when he wants to make a cup. You can also just brew a pot and refrigerate it, but the cold brewed tends to be less bitter.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I keep a jug of coffee in my fridge all the time. I brew double strength coffee in my keurig, and keep it in the fridge.
    I use it instead of water in my protein shake in the morning. Tastes like a frappucino.

If I want an iced coffee, I pour it into a glass with some SF davinci syrup, and a splash of heavy cream. Zero sugar.