High Protein Meals for Working Woman

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been actively working on my health and fitness since January of this past year, but there's ONE thing that makes my weight yo-yo: the ability to create fast meals while working long hours each day. I'm in corporate marketing, and we're ramping up for our busiest months of the year. Because of this, some weeks I don't have time to meal prep and get everything sorted ahead of time.

I was also diagnosed pre-diabetic in December, so I know with my nutrition that I NEED to eat healthy, low-sugar, carb/protein-balanced meals due to my insulin resistance.

Anyone have any great, quick-and-nutritious meals they swear by?
Thanks in advance! :-)

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to confirm you are an omnivore who eats a full range of meat before I give suggestions.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My lunch is 1/2 gone, but I brought one of those low sodium tuna packages with some baby carrots and chopped salad in a cooler to work. I keep a bottle of reduced fat mayo here. It requires no prep, just throw in a lunch bag with an ice pack and go.5vc6gzektyo9.jpeg
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Before I make suggestions, would you rather spend a couple hours Sunday afternoon prepping a bunch of things so your meals or easier to make during the week, or would you rather buy pre-convenienced things that essentially are healthy, but you mainly just throw in a pan, or would you rather food in your fridge be basically ready to eat as is without any prep from you?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets are great on the go. Make a sandwich or put it on top of a salad. I eat throughout the day but I stock up on greek yogurt, string cheese, apples/peanut butter, and beef jerky. They're good fillers in between meals.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs. i always have a bowl of them in my fridge.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Take Sunday to bake chicken breast for the week, chop/slice and use on salads, sandwiches with veggies etc. Also hard boiled eggs and cheese are great "on the go" protein.
  • jessicacurrey5
    jessicacurrey5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mornings I do a yogurt with a granola bar
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Skinned chicken breast, cubed. Diced onion, Red pepper or yellow pepper or asparagus (some veggie with color) cauliflower.

Saute the chicken, onion, and colorful veggie in a wok/frying pan until done. Remove to a bowl.

Grate cauliflower flowers. I use the grating atachment on my food processor bu you can use a grater with large holes. (this may make a mess, the cauliflower can fly all over.)

Saute the grated cauliflower in the pan for several (3-4) minutes until beginning to turn brown.

Add back chicken veggie mixture.

Chicken fried cauliflower rice. Use recipie builder to get your numbers Mine came out FAT: 4.6 g; CARBS 9g; PROTEIN 43.9g; CALORIES 251

Fridge to plate under 30 minutes.

• sarebear_91
    sarebear_91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Just wanted to confirm you are an omnivore who eats a full range of meat before I give suggestions.
    Yes, I am! I tend to try to only have red meat once a week, but other than that, all meat is fair game :-) Thanks for checking!
  • sarebear_91
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    My lunch is 1/2 gone, but I brought one of those low sodium tuna packages with some baby carrots and chopped salad in a cooler to work. I keep a bottle of reduced fat mayo here. It requires no prep, just throw in a lunch bag with an ice pack and go.5vc6gzektyo9.jpeg
    Ooo nice idea! I'm starting to try to get myself more into tuna... do you think the mayo could be substituted for mustard? Never liked the taste.
  • sarebear_91
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Before I make suggestions, would you rather spend a couple hours Sunday afternoon prepping a bunch of things so your meals or easier to make during the week, or would you rather buy pre-convenienced things that essentially are healthy, but you mainly just throw in a pan, or would you rather food in your fridge be basically ready to eat as is without any prep from you?
    Tough question! I'm up for the couple of hours on Sunday. This week threw me off for Sunday prep due to last-minute appointments, so I'm also looking for food in my fridge that's easy to take to work for lunches, as well!

• sarebear_91
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Skinned chicken breast, cubed. Diced onion, Red pepper or yellow pepper or asparagus (some veggie with color) cauliflower.

Saute the chicken, onion, and colorful veggie in a wok/frying pan until done. Remove to a bowl.

Grate cauliflower flowers. I use the grating atachment on my food processor bu you can use a grater with large holes. (this may make a mess, the cauliflower can fly all over.)

Saute the grated cauliflower in the pan for several (3-4) minutes until beginning to turn brown.

Add back chicken veggie mixture.

Chicken fried cauliflower rice. Use recipie builder to get your numbers Mine came out FAT: 4.6 g; CARBS 9g; PROTEIN 43.9g; CALORIES 251

Fridge to plate under 30 minutes.

Awesome recipe!!! I will be trying this; thank you! Does it keep and reheat well? I'd be looking to make it in bulk upfront and spread it between some tupperware for taking to work.
  • sarebear_91
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    hard boiled eggs. i always have a bowl of them in my fridge.

Ahh, the easiest thing, and yet I always forget them! Thank you for the reminder! :smile:
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The crockpot is your new best friend! If you don't have one, get one!! I throw a couple chicken breasts in there and a few hours later I have shredded chicken for the week to add to salads, sandwiches, soups, quesadillas . . . .
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Two words. Slow. Cooker.

This thing is your friend. You can run it daily for new dinners or biweekly like I do for two big meals I eat for lunch and dinner. Dry beans, while chickens, whatever. It all cooks well. Recipes are a plenty on Google. Get the plastic liners for easy cleaning!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Ooo nice idea! I'm starting to try to get myself more into tuna... do you think the mayo could be substituted for mustard? Never liked the taste.

Sure, you can substitute anything you like. I once tried mustard and Greek yogurt in lieu of mayo but I didn't care for it.
  • km0476
    km0476 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am following to get some ideas as well and to remember that chicken recipe...it sounds really good!
  • KAWittler1970
    KAWittler1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    All these hints sound great thanks for asking this question. It given me some goid ideas too.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Salmon and tuna packets
    String Cheese
    Fage 2% Greek yogurt (20g of Protein)
    Rotissserie Chicken
    Whey Protein
    Cottage Cheese