Any geeky people near Cincinnati?

Options
Saeraphine
Saeraphine Posts: 2,793 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Okay, so I posted a thread that introduced me to many awesome geeky people from all over, but now I'm looking for geeky people in my area. Anyone from around NKY? I live on the KY side of the Ohio River, about 15 minutes south of Cincy.

A little about me: Geeky PS4 gamer girl here (Borderlands 2, ESO, Zen Pinball, Diablo III, DA:I, Netflix :tongue: ), Joss Whedon fan, Tamora Pierce reader, Bellatrix-lookalike wannabe, former convention attending Otaku (now I don't watch/attend much), slow Japanese learner, and just overall sci-fi/fantasy lover. Currently learning how to strength train and getting really into Zumba, then when my knees aren't weak as kittens, I'm going to try this zombie running app that everyone is raving about.

Even if you're not from NKY, feel free to add me. kthnksbai.

Replies

• Saeraphine
    Options
    Bump, bump, bump it up! :p
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Saeraphine wrote: »
    Even if you're not from NKY, feel free to add me. kthnksbai.

I'm not NKY, but I'm close-ish in Cleveland.. I'm more scifi while my wife leans toward fantasy, but I am a geek through and through, programming since I was 9 and being in IT for 25 years now. Zombies, Run is awesome!
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    Hello! Lol, Cleveland is closer than most places, but still about 5 hours away. I know nothing about programming, but have you watched IT Crowd? Loved that show! Is your wife on MFP? Tell her to add me too if so!
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Geek here ..not near Cincinnati though
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Saeraphine wrote: »
    Hello! Lol, Cleveland is closer than most places, but still about 5 hours away. I know nothing about programming, but have you watched IT Crowd? Loved that show! Is your wife on MFP? Tell her to add me too if so!
    "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" Love that show!!! There is so much win in it!
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    Favorite one is when they are trying to keep Jen from going through the suspicious red door. The interpretive movements by Moss are fantastic.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Geeky grrl here! I'm in Cincinnati (east side!). I'm a huge Doctor Who, BBC anything, Whedon, Potter, Marvel, Trekker, Star Wars fan. I've got a corporate job(no fun hair). I'm married with our own little geek-in-training. My son is three and loves Doctor Who and Star Wars! Add me!