what does your gym membership cost?

Options

Replies

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I pay £20 at a reduced rate through a local mums website. I like my gym, its basic and quiet when I go (after 7pm usually) It has a steam room and sauna. I do like it but the opening hours really grate on me Mon 9-9.30, tues-friday 0730-9.30, sat-sun 9-6. Its really inconvenient for me but its the second closest gym to me but £16 cheaper per month! So I guess im stuck there
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mine is $70 a month. I go 2 times a day, so about $1-2 per visit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    KelseyRae5 wrote: »
    I realize that the cost of a gym membership varies by location and even what type of gym you prefer.
    But what do you pay for a monthly gym membership?
    and how often do you use it?
    wondering what the cost per use is?
    Example: $30 dollars per month=$1 per day if you go every day

Thanks for your input everyone!

£48 a month (but in dollars that's $74)

so $5.70 every time I use it (3 times a week)

Plus $69 for my PT once a week

it's OK

I'm rich .. bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My gym is $22? But there's a $25 yearly fee so....its about $25 a month. I go 4x a week, occasionally more. I'd say I average 16 days in the gym over the course of a month.

My wife is going to be jumping on my membership too which will take it up to a whole $36 a month. lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I pay $25 to my health insurance. That gets me a card that I can use at a huge variety of gyms in town, including the YMCA, all the PFs, all the AnyTimes, and a couple of mom and pop places.

That said: my primary gym is at work (university). I take Pilates a few times a week, and use their weight room and cardio a couple of times a week.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I got to Anytime Fitness and it's $15/month plus $20/month for my husband. I'm usually there 3-5 times per week.
  • radonskies
    radonskies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    $18 a month. I go 6 days a week and have access to several locations (one near work, one near the house)
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    $40 every month ($20 biweekly)
    Totally worth it for me!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My gym membership is $10.70 monthly I workout maybe 3 times a week, which makes it about .89 cents a workout. Its also 24/7.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    History: LA fitness 19$/month (no extra fees), Golds Gym 40$/month (random yearly "*kitten*" fee), 24hour fitness 45$/month, Home gym investment costs (so far about 800$)
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has Blue Cross insurance can get a discounted gym membership. It's $25 a month and you can use any member gym in the US. For me that includes LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and a few local high end clubs. It's awesome, and it seems like very few people know about it.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    $30 per month for the YMCA plus $2 for childcare each time. I go 3-5 times a week. I also have a member ship my vacation house $10 per month which to me is cheap enough to keep although I am only there part time. Also I am going to start crossfit again soon at $85 per month (which is actually not bad for crossfit.)
    I would love to have a at home gym but our house is too small and the kids are pretty hard to get a workout around.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I pay $93/mo for a family membership at the ymca. I get free months when my husband deploys, which is nice.
    I go 2-3 days a week right now, but over the summer I was going 4-5 days. The child care is a big deal for me and makes the higher cost worth it. Plus, there are 4 ymcas around me that I choose from depending on what I'm doing and which is most convenient.

If I didn't have little kids I'd go to planet fitness or one life. They are so much cheaper.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I pay $17 / mo for a small gym. They have the standard machines and free weights, they just don't have showers. It's open 24/7 and I usually go 5-6 days a week. If you want personal training, that's a little bit extra ( not sure off hand how much )
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My gym is $27/month with towel service, free classes & dry sauna. I have access to all of their locations. Some locations have a pool, steam room, whirlpool & hot yoga studio. I am currently going 2/week.

There is also a small gym where I work I can use at no charge with free fitness classes.

Krav Maga training studio cost is $100/month. Train 3 times/week.

• lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    $22/month. go for classes every once in a while. Mostly workout at home. Have some amenities, have the ultra/gold membership where I can use any location I like. Always updating their machines which is great, and have bootcamp sessions at an extra cost for a group of people during certain heightened times like summer fit or winter fit.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I started teaching fitness classes, so my membership is free PLUS I get paid to work out! Bonus! But, I think membership is $50 per month
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    $0. I use the gym at work because I am cheap and lazy.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    $9.99 per month and I try to go at least four times a week.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    $57/month for a family membership, which includes child care, swimming, many fitness classes, and steep discounts on activities and sports for the kids. Combined, my husband and I use the gym 6-7x/week, so we conservatively pay less that $2/day.

Our health insurance reimburses each of us $25/month if we go the gym at least 8 times.