Better term than "cheat" day?

2»

Replies

• harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    today was my fail day...mum having a birtday party with biscuits, cake and cola...:(
    be on track tomorrow
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Great write up regarding cheat days and meals, OP. Like you, I don't consider my eating on any day to be 'cheating'. I eat according to my body - if I go over my goal, so be it. I never say I'm having a cheat day, treat day, free day, or any other type of day, I just eat however I feel I need to every day.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    What works for me is not having a different term for days when I go over my calorie goal, and days when I meet it. I try not to differentiate too much between the two, just strive for more of the latter than the former.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    today was my fail day...mum having a birtday party with biscuits, cake and cola...:(
    be on track tomorrow
    Yikes - that terminology's even worse than "cheat day"!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    How about a "because I've been soooooooo good and I deserve it" day?.........or "I've earned it" day?
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    LOL - I usually just call it a high calorie day.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    What works for me is not having a different term for days when I go over my calorie goal, and days when I meet it. I try not to differentiate too much between the two, just strive for more of the latter than the former.
    I like your approach!
  • mstep1113
    mstep1113 Posts: 3
    I call it an indulgence meal too! I try not to make it an indulgence day... but sometimes it happens. I've found it's easier for me to not crash and burn if I just have a meal, not a day.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    I like to think of it in terms of one meal at a time. It's not a great idea for me to get it into my head that if I've made a less-than-ideal choice for breakfast, the entire day is shot- I can eat french toast for breakfast and still do great the rest of the day. That's important for me to keep that mentality. It keeps me from going completely overboard with the excuse of "I already blew it for today anyway, might as well keep going" and it keeps me from getting caught up in guilt over my choices.

Which is all to say that if I had to have a term for it, it would be for the meal, not for the entire day.
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    We call it a Treat Day
  • I absolutely hate negative associations with food - calling foods good or bad, having cheat meals, using food as a reward. All food should be enjoyed and savoured, but moderation is the key. A planned day where I know I'm going to go over my calorie goal (for instance, a few weeks ago I cooked a huge sunday dinner for my family, with lots of meat, 2 types of potato, wine, cake for afters...) then I call it a "To hell with it all day" or a "You only live once day". Most of my THWIA days are special occasions - family meals, birthdays etc. There is no way I want to associate such a meal / day with feelings of guilt, or cheating, or feeling bad.That would really taint the whole thing for me.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Life
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    On a "break" day.