High Intensity Interval Training Cardio and Strength

First, I'm new here, so maybe it's just me, but I find the exercise options limited. I'm surprised that I can't find "interval training" under either cardio or strength (same with "boot camp" and "circuit"). I have to complain about this arbitrary system. Those of us who do more integrated, holistic exercise will not be able to use the exercise feature in a meaningful way as it does not accurately record our exercise.

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Activity at a moderate level will burn 80-120 calories for every 10 minutes. This applies to most activities, from running to HIIT to strength training. Don't worry too much about an exact number, you won't get one. Just focus on hitting your macro and calorie targets for the day and stay consistent.
  • GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    I just add my exercises in manually. I use a HRM to get calories burned. I fond MFP isn't accurate with their calories burned anyway, waaaay overestimates.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    ^^^^ YEP
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    They have a circuit training, general in the database....and I believe a curves circuit training. As someone else mentioned (if you don't have a HRM), estimate. You can always google the type of exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories burned. Also, once you know that, you can always add it to your database for easier access next time.
  • TriciaRoy
    TriciaRoy Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks, that's helpful.
  • TriciaRoy
    TriciaRoy Posts: 4 Member
    I've been thinking about getting one. Thanks for the reply.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    I do HIIT for cardio and log by using an HRM & creating a new exercise for cardio & strength training. Everydayhealth.com has a calorie calculator for workout dvds if you use them but I think you need to create an account now to access that feature.