How do you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, its really helpful reading all your comments. Im definitely going to get a food scale and start logging what I eat. And its super exciting to know I can still indulge just in smaller portions. Baby cheeseburger here I come! Hahaha. I'm always eating on the go and basically stuffing my face as quickly as possible so I'm going to try to slow that down a bit and be aware of my portions.
    Let me know if you guys have any more tips. You guys are so inspiring. <3

For the record, I don't know if you have Whataburgers near where you are, but the Jr. Whataburger meal is under 500 calories. Now, I don't do it often because eating it a lot will spike my cholesterol and I just got it back down to normal! But I know if I go there and get that, I won't be sabotaging my daily calorie goal.

If you're on the go a lot, look up restaurants you like and see if you can find nutrition info for them online (or call them). Then, make a list of what items at those restaurants you like that will fit your goal for that meal. Knowing ahead of time what you can order helps you avoid ordering more than you can fit into your day. Granted, you'll need to add meals with better nutritional content when and where you can, but eating out doesn't have to destroy your calorie goal for the day if you do a little research ahead of time. ^_^