Looking to get fit but not gain weight

Hi everyone, I am currently 5'2" and weigh about 120 lbs. I ideally would like to lose 5 more lbs, but am at a stand still. I work out daily and try to exercise but my weight has been steady. Any advice? Thanks! ☺️

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    edited September 2015
    Since you're already at an ideal weight, maybe look in to recomposition?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

If you are not losing weight, it is because you are eating more than you think. Your diary is closed, so we can't see what your logging has been like. Make sure you use a food scale to weigh solid food. It is more accurate than measuring cups.

Edit: also

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Also, don't be too averse to possibly gaining weight, as long as it's muscle you're gaining. I've known women who did serious strength training, gained 10-15 lb by the scale, but are actually smaller in clothing size and look thinner and fitter. Muscle, particularly in women, tends to be very dense, so it's heavy but small. It also burns a lot of calories just by existing, so it can help increase your metabolism and reduce fat.

The scale is only one aspect of fitness - a muscular person can often be "overweight" by standard charts, and yet be trim, extremely healthy, and have a low amount of body fat. If you really want an accurate measure of health, you'd need to look into body composition - there are some ways to estimate it, or you can find a place near you with a BodPod or something and measure it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Recomp?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're at a great weight (my dream weight, in fact!) so instead on focusing on weight loss, how about take the advice of the posters above? :)