Inches and Diet

Options
Hi all!

I have two questions, so if anyone can help with either that would be great.
First, I recently started working out again (all cardio, I might intergrate strength in soon). I was wondering when I should start seeing the inches come off. I'm less concerned with weight.
Second, I'm in university, and because I live on campus, it's nearly impossible to count calories. I buy cereal myself, so I can look at the box to check, and veggies at lunch are like, nada, but dinner is made for you. Yes you can choose healthier options ( which I do, not feeling pizza every night), but there's no definite calorie. How can I make sure I stay within the 500 calorie deficit for diet?

Thanks all!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well you have to keep doing what you are doing! If you can't weigh food with a scale and your weight is not shifting then you will need to eat a little less or move a little more. Without knowing exactly what you are eating, you are going have to do some really good guessing.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just trial and error. Eat what you think is a good portion. If you aren't losing, scale back. It works, it's just slower and less reliable than weighing everything. :)
  • ekat1257
    ekat1257 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't been gaining weight, I just read from a bunch of sights that to lose, you should try and cut 500 a day, which, as stated above is almost impossible. I'll try the trial and error method though!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, you will have to keep an eye on portion sizes because I am not sure how you going to know if you are cutting 500 calories from your diet.