Rubber to the road.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You cannot beat getting outside!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Rubber to the road. I get bored and I need sunshine.

Too bad our roads suck, I have to stay in the neighborhood. We do have some nice bike trails, though. Going to be checking those out soon. I just hope people keep their damn dogs in check.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    outside whenever possible!
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Rubber to the mud.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I prefer dirt. Nothing beats a trail through the woods.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I prefer dirt. Nothing beats a trail through the woods.

Even better. I need more practice first, though. It's true you never forget how to ride a bike, but you do forget how to ride one well.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    outside!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DO WORK SON!!
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Both but being outside has its challenges that can't always be mimicked in a gym setting.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Both but being outside has its challenges that can't always be mimicked in a gym setting.

You can mimic the exercise but not the experience....when I'm out for a run or a ride I can feel the sun & wind on my face, hear the birds, occasionally see deer etc. Name one gym that can offer than!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Another vote for rubber. And in the winter, spikes.

My ever efficient and time-deprived daughter has finally joined me in running this month. It's her birthday present to me, and she's downloaded a C25K app to get her going. She's so cute, complying to the beeps and blurps from the little app. She's already figured out that halfway through her time, it's time to turn back. We've been running along a lovely ravine track, good soft gravel, and the sights, scents and sounds of fall.

Since I learned to run in the dead of winter, I'm prone to pick a route that heads in to the wind, so it'll be at my back on the return trip.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Road, although I've found I strongly dislike running in the dark... the crisp air is nice, but I miss having scenery to look at (and the woods are slightly creepy in full dark.)
  • Eliza899vt
    Eliza899vt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Outside all the way. When we lived in VT, I did spikes on my shoes in the winter...helped a lot. I LOVE cold weather running.....sadly, now in Florida....not much of that anymore...so have adjusted to more classes and less running in the summer. Love seeing wildlife (lots of deer here) when I'm out running. Plus I even get to beach run sometimes....heaven!
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options

You can mimic the exercise but not the experience....when I'm out for a run or a ride I can feel the sun & wind on my face, hear the birds, occasionally see deer etc. Name one gym that can offer than!

That's my point! I love the outdoors.
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    DO WORK SON!!
    Yezir!!!