Options
2»

Replies

• DeeMoray
    DeeMoray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    DeeMoray wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm actually a female so I really don't need anything where I'm working my way up to insanely heavy weights. I just know I need to be lifting heavier weights than what most girls do. So my plan is good to start if I'm not looking to get ripped right? I just want to consistently be reaching heavier weights (no matter how long that takes) and hopefully get some muscle definition in the long run.

Lifting heavy won't necessarily cause you to look ripped. The look has more to do with your overall muscle base and having a low enough body fat to show them. There are groups for women lifting weights including a general lifting one, new rules of lifting for women and a stronglifts for women group. Many of us lift heavy for us but it's not super insane, though one person's insane is different than another person's. Gaining strength, adding muscle and seeing definition are different situations that vary based on nutrition along with the training.

I'm aware of all that- I guess what I was trying to say is that I'm not necessary going to be going balls to the wall and trying to increase my strength at a rapid pace. I'm going to take my time and try to enjoy the process, and probably have smaller goals then a lot of weightlifters. Even if I did that 5x5 program I probably wouldn't increase my weights as quickly as the program says- I would really want to make sure I was getting my form right first.
  • DeeMoray
    DeeMoray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Krisfit40 wrote: »
    It's hilarious to see people disagree so much without paying attention to the facts of the subject. Nobody that is just starting a weight training program should jump into complex compound multi joint movements.. Unless!!!! They have a coach, experienced partner or a trainer!! So you people on here trying to discredit someone instead of trying to help the person in need should reassess why they are on these threads. This isn't a contest, it's a community for support in fitness and nutrition goals

The information is definitely a little overwhelming! What would you recommend to someone who is currently in the worst shape of their lives (being honest here) and wanting to get into weight training without a personal trainer?