Healthy pizza!

michellersimon
michellersimon Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Made a cauliflower crust pizza this past weekend! A must try and a great way to get extra veggies in during the day

Replies

• veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    I've always wanted to try that!
  • michellersimon
    michellersimon Posts: 8 Member
    Worked better than I thought! It fed two of us and I felt filled afterwards.
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 49 Member
    I need to try that. I like to make little pizzas using portabello mushroom caps as the crust. Really good.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Made a cauliflower crust pizza this past weekend! A must try and a great way to get extra veggies in during the day

Looks pretty awful, hopefully tastes better than it looks if it's a "must try"
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Blasphemy!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I usually make the 2 ingredient pizza crust with self rising flour and yogurt because I'm lazy and never have a problem getting in my veggies. What is the calorie difference when compared to a thin pizza crust?
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    my favourite way to make pizzas lower calorie is ditching the cheese. They call it Fugazza!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Acg67 wrote: »

Looks pretty awful, hopefully tastes better than it looks if it's a "must try"

LMAO
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    No thanks. Sorry, but I have never thought that looked all that good. I would rather have a nice thin normal crust.
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Never tried that but I am a fan of 'meatza's'. Use turkey/lamb/beef/chicken or pork mince as the base. Just flatten it out and season it. Stick it in the oven to cook, take it out once half done then add your toppings and stick it back in until fully cooked. Good for those that struggle to hit protein targets. And who doesn't like meat on top of meat (apart from vegetarian and vegans of course)!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Good thing you put lots of cheese on it! Cheese fixes everything.

I don't like "substitutions" like this for food. Have you ever had the Ben and Jerry's half baked compared with the frozen yogurt version? Not satisfying at all. I'd rather make all the real pizza, full fat ice cream, burgers etc. fit into my day or week.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    my favourite way to make pizzas lower calorie is ditching the cheese. They call it Fugazza!

This Wisconsin girl says blasphemy! :tongue:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    aw- and now I'm sad.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    I don't understand how substituting one carb for another makes your pizza "healthy?"
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Blasphemy!!!

This^

I just make my own thin crust pizza.....my dough has flour ( :o !) in it.

Lifestyle changes...........I'm thinking the whole veggie (fungi) as a crust thing is just a passing fad.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I prefer the zucchini crust one, personally. Damned yummy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

How does it compare to a regular thin crust for calories?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member

This, and what's the comparison for the cauliflower too, since that hasn't been answered yet?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Not sure.
    But this recipe has the calories etc. listed.

http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2012/08/28/zucchini-pizza-crust-and-wiaw/
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I make a kickin whole wheat crust from scratch. I'm not giving that up for anything. ;)