do leg extensions/curls actually acheive anything?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Yes, the exercises all do different things and depend on what you need. I'm curious as to why the OP thinks the Leg Press is such a good exercise? In some ways it's really just a complicated isolation exercise, depending on how the Leg Press is designed of course.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    Yes, the exercises all do different things and depend on what you need. I'm curious as to why the OP thinks the Leg Press is such a good exercise? In some ways it's really just a complicated isolation exercise, depending on how the Leg Press is designed of course.

so you're saying that the leg press is an objectively bad exercise?
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

so you're saying that the leg press is an objectively bad exercise?

Not at all, it has a purpose as well; it just seemed as if he put it on the same level as the squat. It depends on how the leg press is built of course, but you typically start in a very hips-flexed and knees flexed position and finish in a knees extended but hips still flexed position, so it's largely just a quadriceps exercise which is not the case as the squat.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I will do the leg curls after combo leg exercises like squats and deadlift but I will not do leg extensions as it puts undo pressure and pain on my knees, especially my left knee as I broke the kneecap in 4 places a few years back. The move even hurts my "healthy" knee.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes - injuries. ;)