Why am I not losing?!

Options
I have been at this for almost a month now and am only one pound less then when I started. I had lost 3 and gained 2 back. My diary should be open can someone please help me figure out what Im doing wrong? I weigh 153 and have gotten down to 128 before and it wasnt this hard. The only thing I can think of is I probably dont drink enough water (I dont track it in my diary either). But come on, one pound?! Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food and drink? Be sure to track every.single.thing you put in your mouth. Also, be sure not to take the exercise calories MFP gives; they are often over-inflated. Otherwise, give it time and if you're tracking accurately it will come off. Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eastern Dragon - Sushi Sweet Potato Tempura Roll, 6 pieces 184. I look at the data base and see 1 roll 270. The next one down you have 180, but the database has 240. When in doubt, guesstimate UP. You have things like cups. Cups should be for liquids only.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Almost certainly, you're eating more than you're logging and than you think.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eastern Dragon - Sushi Sweet Potato Tempura Roll, 6 pieces 184. I look at the data base and see 1 roll 270. The next one down you have 180, but the database has 240. When in doubt, guesstimate UP. You have things like cups. Cups should be for liquids only.

All of this!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You have a lot of quick adds. Stop doing that. Add everything. Scale your food dont guess. If you want results you have to be strict.
    You have some of the same amount of food with different calories logged. You started your entry Sept 8th. according to your diary that is only 3 weeks.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I get the impression that where there are multiple entries in the database, you are choosing the lower calorie option. For example:
    Generic one banana (126 g) 75 calories. There are many other entries that say that a 126 g banana is at least 100 calories (assuming your banana is actually 126 g).
    You have Coffee mate at 30 calories for 2 tbsp. Are you reading that right off the package (and measuring the creamer)? There are many other entries for Coffee mate that are 20 or 30 calories per tbsp.
    You have 156 calories for 825 ml of Bacardi Rum and Diet Coke. Is this your entry of a food you created? The calorie count is for a total of 2.25 ounces of rum (0.75 ounces per 275 ml serving) which could be correct but is less than a standard drink.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You're estimating and using quick adds. And you're estimating low. If you really don't want to weigh stuff, estimate high. If you want to be sure you're eating the amount you're logging, try a food scale.