Red Bull

Options
Most days I have an 8.4 oz. sugar free Red Bull to get me up and moving. Once awake i do 45-60 minutes of Yoga/Pilates to loosen up my back as I had back surgery and I need to stretch and strenghten every day or I'm miserable. Afterwards I swim 1.5-2 miles most days.
I don't drink anything else but water, green tea and the occasional.glass or two of wine.
So just how bad is 1 Red Bull a day for me? I've read that it really isn't that high.in caffine, similar to 1.5 cups of coffee, but I can't stand coffee. Thoughts?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I really don't see this being too much of a problem.. Although I've never, ever drunk red bull in my life!

I do however drink around 5-6 cups of coffee a day and it doesn't do me any 'harm' (that I know of, anyway!).

Your plan sounds spot on to me. It's no ones place to determine whether what you are choosing to eat or drink is wrong or right, if it works for you then by all means continue.

If someone told me not to drink my coffee, I wouldn't be a happy pink pixie, that's for sure! :D
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    1 a day Redbull. You are not even scratching the surface.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine! One red bull a day is not that bad.

I'm right there with @PinkPixiexox I drink anywhere from 20 - 40 oz of coffee a day and I'm fine :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. My husband, who drinks 4-6 cokes a day, tells me it's unhealthy. I told him that if it gets my butt up and moving, then it can't be all bad.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love love love Red Bull, I drink the small ones like you, and I am not a big coffee drinker. If you like it drink it.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I might swap it out for something else just because Red Bull is expensive. We all need a morning boost.
  • ckbluesgirl07
    ckbluesgirl07 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have an 8.5 oz sugar free redbull nearly every day too. Without it, there's no way I could function at 5 am!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    nope, not a redbull fan.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks are starting to become my life. I am starting to have 16oz of Amp sugar free or Monster zero each day (with maybe 20-32oz of coffee a few hours earlier) and haven't experienced any negative side effects. I wouldn't drink more than 16oz of those energy drinks, just because I know I will be getting caffeine in other forms throughout the rest of my day.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You're fine. I use to love having a red bull every day but it got too expensive.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a pro bmx rider and he rides for red bull and we get cases and cases every week and we don't even touch the stuff.. in fact most of the athletes don't... but I also don't drink anything energizing... hubby on the other hand is a complete coffee addict.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1 is not too bad.

It's when you start drinking them excessively that you run into problems.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/woman-blind-drinking-28-red-bulls-day-article-1.2315254
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I went into the dentist with a red bull and got a really long lecture about how bad it is for your teeth. I still love it, though. It is a pretty expensive habit, also.