Short question about cellulite

Options
MissPauling
MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,

I got a short question, I'd like a short answer.

When a woman reaches a certain % of body fat, will her cellulite diminish with that?

Cellulite is visible fat tissue. No fat tissue, no cellulite. Right?

I don't want to hear about genes, massages, expensive products. I want to know if losing body fat will reduce cellulite.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It might. It might not. There are plenty of thin women with cellulite, though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 pounds and done a ton of gardening since April and the backs of my legs have certainly tightened up.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I would say no. But the overall appearance of the cellulite becomes better as you tone, lose fat and build muscle. Hope this helps!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hello,

When a woman reaches a certain % of body fat, will her cellulite diminish with that?

I don't want to hear about genes, massages, expensive products. I want to know if losing body fat will reduce cellulite.

Losing body fat will reduce it but won't make it go away entirely. Whether you want to hear about it or not, genes are a big factor in the appearance of cellulite.

Cellulite
    * http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Hello,

Losing body fat will reduce it but won't make it go away entirely. Whether you want to hear about it or not, genes are a big factor in the appearance of cellulite.

Cellulite
    * http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

LOL, I just came to my computer to link that article.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Hello,

Cellulite

:) I keep it in my profile because I was linking to it so often I got tired of searching for it every time.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Cellulite

:) I keep it in my profile because I was linking to it so often I got tired of searching for it every time.

LOL, I do the same with the sexypants and weighing vs measuring links.

Sorry to jack the thread OP. Read the article, it has great info.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I had a HUGE dimple on my left butt cheek. After losing 75 lbs, it's just a normal size little dimple. I would say that cellulite never leaves, it's just diminished and therefore less noticible.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Mine does.
  • staciscotty
    staciscotty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely does. Whenever I put some fat back on i.e. on holidays my cellulite starts to creep back. The only time my cellulite is reduced and almost gone is when my body fat is low.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Reduce, yes. Eliminate, that's where the genes come in.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Cellulite

Son of a biscuit eater, why didn't I think of that. Thx @jemhh
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I previously worked for a cosmetic surgeon. In the 8 years I worked for him, one of the most frequently asked questions was, "can the doctor get rid of my cellulite?" (Stretch marks came in a close second)
    Yes, weight loss will help deminish cellulite, so will exercise. Restrictive underwear(cellulite is always underneath where the elasticity goes) is another cause of cellulite. Along with diet and exercise you need to increase the circulation and address the collagen issues. If you don't want to spend money on expensive creams or procedures, it was always suggested the women add diatery collegen supplements to their diet regimen.
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the answers and article. My next question would have been: Why do all those athletes and fitnessmodels never have cellulite? It MUST be the bodyfat. But the picture in the article proves it wrong :hushed:
    The woman on the picture in the article with abs has only a small amount of cellulite though.

Well I have long accepted the fact that cellulite is not really a flaw, it's merely the way our fat tissue looks and everybody has fat tissue, so what.

Optimistical: WHAAAT? The underwear? I know the look of this and I always thought: Oh what a sheer coincidence that I have this weird line on my butt exactly where the panties go. How did the makers of my panties know that their product will fit exactly in there? WOW. Such prediction.

Are you telling me the panties CAUSE this? But they are not even so tight :tired_face:
  • BudgyBird75
    BudgyBird75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of research on this. One really interesting book I read was The Cellulite Solution by Howard Murad. It approaches cellulite as more of a skin condition rather that a fat condition. It was really interesting. I tried some of the stuff in his book (dry brushing, etc.) and it really did seem to help (I wasn't losing any weight at the time). I don't think it ever completely goes away but I think you can definitely improve it.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience it seems highly related to genetics. I am a really fat gal with virtually no visible cellulite. I was once a very thin gal with no visible cellulite. I have a double chin, if that makes it easier in the fairness department! Hahaha
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Some