adding lifting weights to exercise reports?

Options
Hi All,

I did an introduction to ladies lifting class in the gym yesterday - 2 1/4 hours including dynamic warm up followed by lifting weights from the rack then moving on to deadlifting.

At the end of the class I had dead lifted my own bodyweight, so proud! :bigsmile:

I can't seem to log it under strength training on my excercise diary though - I've tried all sorts of combination of words and either nothing or specific machines come up :frown: Pity as I'm sure I burned a fair few calories and if I keep it up will be doing so 2/3 times a week.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Claire

Replies

• molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    wow, tired today. I misread the forum name as "fitness and nutrition" - apologies for posting in the wrong place! :blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You could add your own specific exercise to the strength training section to cover your session however MFP does not add calories for strength training, only cardiovascular. If you go into cardiovascular exercises there is one called strength training (weight lifting, weight training) I use this to log my calories but I still detail each exercise in the separate strength training section so I can keep an eye on how much I am lifting etc. Hope I've said this clear enough and hope you find a solution. Well done with the lifting that is impresive
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    perfect response Ms Yvonne
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    Yvonne thats fantastic thanks so much for your help! :flowerforyou: