habitual snacker

Options
I have found that when tracking I don't snack, the hassle of having to input the information, on top of seeing it all written out just makes that second oreo not taste as good. The issue is apparently all I have been doing is grazing. Because now I am not eating enough. Last night at 9 I looked and had only eaten 500 calories, well that will simply not do! But I am not really hungry. My hope is that as the days pass and my body realizes I won't be snacking my way through the kitchen I will start getting hungry for meals. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    What helps me is pre-planning my days. I cook a lot of portions on weekends for my freezer, but you don't necessarily need to do that. Making sure that you know what's in store for your meals could help you fill in the blanks with snacks.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea, and probably not nearly as time consuming as my mind is trying to tell me it is :) Eating the actual meals would be a great start. Thank you.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i preportion my snacks so i know what i am eating. i too graze during the day
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry and are eating too little without snacking, then why stop snacking? Seems like less snacking would be a good choice for you.
  • starwhisperer6
    Options
    I am still snacking... just logging it. I am pretty sure that I could eat a bag of chips in the 60 min it takes to watch a tv show if I am not logging it. It is just the difference between what would go in my mouth if I was not paying attention. I need to eat much bigger meals I am guessing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am still snacking... just logging it. I am pretty sure that I could eat a bag of chips in the 60 min it takes to watch a tv show if I am not logging it. It is just the difference between what would go in my mouth if I was not paying attention. I need to eat much bigger meals I am guessing.

Or buy smaller bags of chips. ;)
  • starwhisperer6
    Options
    Oh I like that :)