iPhone Step Counter (synced w/ MFP) -- Unnecessary?

Options
Just curious -- I know my phone will track my steps and adjust my calories accordingly within the MFP app. I currently have that feature turned off...

My thought process is that I'm setting my activity level in accordance with how active I usually am. I sit at a desk most of the day. Honestly average maybe 4000 steps per day. So when I see it give me an extra 200 calories or whatever it is in my mind that should have already been calculated into my deficit right?

I guess what I'm asking is should I be tracking my steps separately and eating back those calories?

Replies

• abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I put me at "sedentary" and have my I-phone log in all my steps synced with MFP.. this counts walking steps and steps taken while I run/jog/walk. Then I eat some of them back. Sometimes I eat more of then than I spend. But that is bad. My average "net" calories is always below my recommended level. Two months in and down 13 pounds. Works for me ;-) do what work for you.
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How do you get iPhone to count your steps?
  • abetterluke
    Options
    mjks_mom wrote: »

Mine did it automatically
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options

It's part of the health app that's already on there.
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options

iPhone 5 and newer has this feature.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • abetterluke
    Options
    looks like this

satmyp04qvm4.png

Yes this is what it looks like on the health app. The MFP app automatically transfers this info into my exercise diary.