The dreaded.. Halloween Candy..

Options
It's everywhere! I have a huge bucket sitting on my desk right in from of me in our lobby at work. It's been up for only 3 days, and I have ate almost 10 "fun sized" candy bars. WHY!? I have no idea why. Because I self sabotage every single time I start. I am down 7 pounds in a month with little to no exercise.. I want to just keep on track, work out 5 days a week, and lose weight!

I know this is just going to get worse, I have to.. HAVE TO overcome this. I cannot give in this time!

On a side note, my meals are absolutely perfect.. *sigh* ohhhh this journey!

Rant over lol Sorry I needed to get this out

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    When you get up to get a piece, walk right past it and look away. Discipline is a pain but worth it.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im so glad that I am in the middle of a 12 week challenge this year for Halloween. Going to be so helpful. Good luck, its all in your head, you dont need it.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As long your staying in your calories for the day, or average for the week your fine. Don't stress
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Self discipline. It's not easy but it is worth it.

That said - I can work candy into my calories for any day. But I know that for me it's often easier to completely avoid it than to just have one or two pieces. And I would rather use my calories on really nice food/chocolate than random candy I probably won't really enjoy. Makes it a lot easier to not eat random stuff.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do to keep myself from eating stuff out at work- I imagine people with not-so-good hygiene or really bad runny noses sticking their yucky hands on the food...looking for that perfect candy bar, rummaging around in the bowl of M&M's, whatever. It's usually a lot easier to resist then :) Silly mind tricks, but whatever works. Good Luck!