Planter Fasciitis anyone? Shoe/Sneaker Suggestions/ Workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of "brand x" makes sneaker for PF. That's not really true. Athletic shoes can be made to address how different people walk and/or run, if you over or under pronate, etc. A lot of folks with PF overpronate and need motion control shoes. If you overpronate and run, you should get these shoes. More importantly, if you run, you should have your gait examined by someone who knows what they are doing--a running shoe store, not foot locker.

Also, there are some good flip flops out there as well. My Olukai Ohana's are very conformable and I used to love my Birkenstocks.
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Brooks or Saucony brand.
  • SkinnyLight777
    SkinnyLight777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Update~ thank you everyone for your kind input! I just wanted to update this post with what has been working for me thus far incase anyone reading this needs more added info. The night splint really had helped, I only needed it every other night for now and will only continue to use as needed. I continue to stretch and ice when needed. After doing the Thai foot and calf massage regularly the pain had gone down a lot too! ~~~ I found the "Kuru" Brand shoe online line and OMG amazing! Absolutely no heel pain with these shoes, the moment I put them on, I was totally amazed, never had a shoe fit so well, and super comfort. Ok they don't look like my Jimmy Choo's, lol, but super comfortable for workouts and daily walk/runs. So I would highly recommend them if you are in current foot pain, they really have help me get through by taking the pressure off the heel so I can heal better. Wishing everyone a pain free feet and great success with your fitness goals~
  • joshuamwhited
    joshuamwhited Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My piece for what it's worth. Good custom fit shoes are good as mentioned. But I like inserts also because I can put them in all of my shoes be it running shoes, boots, or dress shoes. I buy them at a local running shop and they are about $40 per pair. The brand I use is called power step if that helps. These have lasted longer than custom made inserts I had in the past for several hundred dollars. The store bought ones also work better for me. In the beginning I tried the stretches, the frozen bottles of water, tennis balls and even cortisone shots without any relief. This we're a last ditch effort and changed my life. Literally. Lastly, because I run, I also found that I need to buy new shoes about every 6-8 months. Makes a big difference because they get so worn out.