why do I need a title?

Options
I did this about 6 years ago when I lived on a military post with access to all sorts of free gyms... and then I quit, and moved three times, and got divorced, and complacent, and work two jobs. Long story short my pants don't fit and I cant' afford a new wardrobe. I am 36 a little over 5'9 and I weight 160. I was very very happy at a fit 145 and that is my goal again. I know that a 15 pound loss is probably going to happen pretty slowly and I am going to keep coming here for the encouragement I need to not drowned my disappointment in a pint of ice cream. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello from a Navy Retired Chiefs Wife...(heehee yep I capitalize all that, after 20 yrs its LAW). This is a great place to become accountable. I have re-thought my strategies about my kitchen and now its organized and that keeps me motivated. I look at this journey like going into battle. I mean I rally the troops, (friends and family to support me) and it makes me feel like its not just me against the weight of the world...literally... I have a stack of index cards I look thru, and on them are great sayings I have run across. I think the weight loss is just part of my problem but re-programming my brain is as important. Here is one:

Losing Weight isn't the key to Happiness......Happiness is the key to Losing Weight!

or-

Change your mind, change your body.

You will get back to the place where you felt your most empowered! Add me if you wish to. :-)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]
    Your goal is completely achievable! Hang in there, stay strong, good luck & enjoy the process!