50% carbs 35% fat 15% protein

Options
Does this sound reasonable for an ectomorph who does not care about fat gains? BTW I'm seditary

Replies

• siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Somatotypes aren't real, you're not an anythingmorph. 15% is the lower end of recommended for protein and 35% the upper end of recommended, but sure, that's acceptable.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    It fits a SAD macro I think.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    If you're sedentary and don't care about fat gains, eat whatever you want. I don't get what you're trying to accomplish.
  • Frostyiihqs8
    Frostyiihqs8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We aren't all prone to get obese.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Sedentary and not worried about fat gain = you don't care about eating for any kind of athletic performance. So why do you care about your macro split? Are you trying to gain weight? Given the limited parameters you laid out in your OP, just eat whatever you want.
  • Frostyiihqs8
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    you don't care about eating for any kind of athletic performance

Just Because I'm sedentary now does not mean I always will be. I put on very little fat. I'm 7.5% so I don't care about gaining some fat.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sedentary with 7.5% bodyfat, all without even knowing about your macros and micros?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I put on some muscle eating with a macro split similar to this, although I did not have a substantial calorie surplus and wasn't tracking macros meticulously. I was fairly sedentary outside of weight training when I did this.
  • Frostyiihqs8
    Options
    8em4rz87d2b0.jpg
    I was a soldier now stop baiting me.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    8em4rz87d2b0.jpg
    I was a soldier now stop baiting me.

Thanks for clearing that up :)
    There sometimes is just so much nonsense going around..

So why are you looking at a macro split? As long as you are sedentary you should just focus on your calorie goal. Macro's don't really become important untill you are trying to increase (or maintain) muscle mass.
    Have you tracked/logged before? Most likely if your food is balanced you will naturally end up at a decent macro split :)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I don't see the responses here as negative; I think they are good advice so far. Splitting your macros by % is not ideal for several reasons, but considering your total intake in terms of grams is more helpful. Use this calculator from the USDA to get an idea of how to split up your macros in terms of grams:
    http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/fnic/interactiveDRI/
    As long as you are meeting the USDA minimum protein level of 0.36 grams/lb body weight and minimum fat level of somewhere around 0.4 grams/lb body weight then you will be fine. Carbs are not an essential nutrient so they are up to you. If you become active later, you will want to bump your protein up higher to account for muscle growth and repair. The rate of weight gain and weight loss is determined by your total calorie intake.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    A true ectomorph can eat pretty much any ratio. Your ratios are fine.