What's your tips to stay on track during school holidays

Options
Am I the only one that struggles during school holidays?? I have 4 kids at home (2 are mine 2 are my step kids) I'm not sure if it's the stress, or the extra work, or no me time but I feel I just eat wrong and I'm always hungry when the kids are home!! Does anyone else feel like this, does anyone else go off rails when the holidays are on? What's your tips for staying on track? I still get in my weights 3 days but the walks go out the window (You walk to far, this is boring, I'm tired, you walk to fast) kids are too young to leave at home! They do ride bikes but apparently I'm still to fast lol I'm always making food/snacks for the kids cause they are empty pits that can never be satisfied! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I prelog my meals year round. Maybe cut back on the calories if you can't get in as much exercise.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I can't stop myself from eating though lol I'm just constantly hungry I'm on 1400 + exercise Val's but 1400 is bare minimum calories for me anyway any lower than that is not healthy
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I homeschool my dd so there are no school holidays... or every day is a school holiday.
    I exercise at home. I plan meals and prelog my food.
    Sometimes dd exercises with me but usually I do it alone.
    My dd enjoys the Just Dance video games. You Tube has a lot of workout videos.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My gym has babysitting so it's pretty much a lifesaver for me.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I homeschool my dd so there are no school holidays... or every day is a school holiday.
    I exercise at home. I plan meals and prelog my food.
    Sometimes dd exercises with me but usually I do it alone.
    My dd enjoys the Just Dance video games. You Tube has a lot of workout videos.

I live in the country so yeah I have a home gym also :smile: there is no commercial gyms for 100km my 2 kids have grown up with me exercising and getting comp ready so they are really good they were in prams when I was running or in bouncers while I was lifting then dancing or playing happily as they got older, they even understand food prep....my partners kids on the other hand are very very clingy and I've never met 2 boys that fight so much (I love them dearly as I do my own) they have had it pretty rough for a long time, but it's really stressful they aren't used to a fruit platter for a snack and they won't eat it they just whine and whine that they are hungry and they don't eat that! I think it's the stress.....they are getting much better but we still have a long way to go! We have had them home for 12 months they still live with there mum and spend holidays and weekends with us.