Stop timer

Start timer
Rotators

4 sets each. Time under tension. Reverse pyramid. 8 10 10 12
String to ceiling zip up core

Pull-ups
With
Standing Arnold press. Be careful. Elbows in close and don't pull too far down

One arm Decline bench hammer style. Start with 55's. Use chest and entire body. Lock core
With
Seated back pulls

Lying triceps one at a time dumbbells
With
Chest supported dumbbell row(bench half way up facing the bench)

This workout was too short so I added triceps bent bar pushdowns with
one arm farmer's walks. 4 sets

Stretch shoulders, back, triceps
Stop timer

Start timer
Cardio: regular ellip 20 mins HIIT start backwards

Weigh-out: 166 even
Feeling pretty good. Chest feels more open after Cressey foam roll program. And feel strong and I was using abs during pull-ups! Also did 11 pull-ups!!! Arnold press feels weird on the left side but somehow therapeutic

Anybody feel free to chime in if you think I am doing the right stuff.
I am in a slight cutting phase trying to lose a bit of wait while maintaining muscle.

Replies

• vjjohnson3
    vjjohnson3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weight not wait. Haha
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You should split your muscle groups. Chest/shoulders (push day) Biceps and back (pull day) But honestly, it's all up to you and how you feel about your progress. If your seeing results, go ahead and stick with it but I'd personally have difficulty hitting all those groups in 1 day.

reading it over again..it definitely looks like a short an easy workout lol
  • vjjohnson3
    vjjohnson3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    With four full sets of each exercise the lifting portion was about 55 mins with after stretches. The weights were pretty heavy and I tried to keep the intensity and heart rate up. Also I bike to and from the gym which adds a bit of cardio (about 30 mins round trip) and I also biked to Jamba Juice after.

As an intermediate lifter I figured doing a three body split would work well with fair amount of compound lifts. Also currently doing a push-pull ratio of about 40-60.
    If I am ready for a different split to gain more muscle then maybe I can change to that.
    It is usually easy for me to lose weight but hard for me to get and maintain muscle. But my body is starting to adapt and I pound down the protein.
    Thanks!